General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Can't Compose in Yahoo Mail Classic
Posted by: joe
Date: November 28, 2007 02:29PM

I'm using K-Meleon 1.1.3 on Win XP. User agent K-Meleon, sometimes Firefox or IE ( to see if problem depends on particular user agent ). Nothing checked in Tools > Privacy. When I go to 'Compose' page in Yahoo Mail, there is no white space after 'Subject' shown to write main message of e-mail. The rest of Compose page is normal. How do I get the main message area to show on screen? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't Compose in Yahoo Mail Classic
Posted by: desga_2
Date: November 28, 2007 04:55PM

You must checked 'Enabla Javascript' oprion in Tools > Privacy.

Date: November 28, 2007 09:30PM

Tools > Privacy > Block JavaScript is unchecked. Edit > Preferences > General > Enable JavaScript is checked. Edit > Advanced Preferences > JavaScript > Enable JavaScript is greyed out. Edit > Configuration > Browser Configuration > javascript.enabled is toggled to true. Www.leader.ru/secure/who.html says JavaScript is enabled. Compose works normally using IE 6.0 but not K-Meleon 1.1.3. Any other ideas why Compose won't show completely?

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 29, 2007 07:04AM

Yahoo Mail Classic Today's test result at 7.50 CET:

dies ist ein test

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. I assume it has changed?

p. s. Ja, Yahoo old mail ist betagt und die neue Yahoo mail ist beta.
Soll ich die langsamere Beta Mail heute auch noch versuchen/testen? sad smiley
"Einstellungen" über das alte Panel werde zuweilen gekascht - das wird zu 1.5 geändert, meintest du das? mfG nach butzbach oder so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2007 07:04AM by guenter.

Date: November 30, 2007 07:08AM

I went to Yahoo Mail Classic and tried to install their 'New Yahoo Mail' but I kept getting 'Login Error' notices, so no go with that. Compose still works correctly in IE 6.0, sigh... Well I tried.

@ guenter:
You can try the Beta if you like, if the Beta is the same as the New Yahoo Mail maybe you'll have better results than I did.

Date: November 30, 2007 08:02AM

Yes, like New Yahoo Mail but it is more like an unfinshed Yahho Mail alpha or beta to me tongue sticking out smiley

Result:

1.) dies ist ein test für yahoo beta mail mit Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.10) Gecko/20071116 K-Meleon/1.1.3 umgeschaltet einen Firefox 2.0.0.8 de-DE als User Agenten anzugeben.

2.) this is a test for yahoo beta mail with a German K-Meleon 1.1.3 spoofing:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8
guenter

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

The message was sent via Yahoo.com and delivered to my pop mail account at my local ISP. So I guess I cannot complain except that Yahoo Mail is a FAQ because of the questionable Yahoo browser policy.

Pertaining to 'Login Error'. I never have had any problems at Yahoo. I use Roboform for loggin. Another product that says we do not support Your browser - and still works with K-Meleon. smiling smiley

Maybe use that with Your IE once and then install their SeaMonkey support and the K-Meleon Adapter from alain.

Can You check K-Meleon password manager whether Your loogin data are right.
Else it might be something odd with Your account at Yahoo.de?

Posted by: chaitanya
Date: December 04, 2007 08:53AM

just cant reply/compose /forward using yahoo..finding it tough

Date: December 04, 2007 10:43AM

hi & greetings to In from De.

Truly though - guess it is a feature of yahoo.mail - since when I (and ppl that are devs here ) and other users like me try to verify the bug. And always when anyone tries to reproduce an Yahoo error for k-meleon - the error is gone and yahoo just morbidly slow.

Yahoo.mail & even beta mail works - a just slow, but all works.

All problems that k-meleon ever had is: that yahoo.com claims not to support it.

That claim of yahoo is absolutely silly since they support specific Gecko GRE's

and not specific applications.

Therefore it does not matter whether the viewing browser gives:

K-Melon or Flock or bullshit as name&version - and as User Agent.

As long as a browser tells Yahoo:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008

& XULSHIT for APPLIACTION & VERSION then YAHOO BETA MAIL MUST WORK

mfG - from me.

p. s. - yahoo works - but slow; except if there is something wrong with the individual account or a temporary ploblem at Your account's server.

Posted by: cheetos
Date: December 19, 2007 03:44PM

i cant compose in new yahoo mail

Posted by: ogergree
Date: December 19, 2007 11:59PM

I dont have this part

Posted by: ogergree
Date: December 19, 2007 11:59PM

Posted by: ogergree (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2007 10:59PM
I dont have this part

Date: December 23, 2007 10:39AM

cheetos
i cant compose in new yahoo mail

use user agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8

Or corresponding Firefox GRE nr for You own language instead of de-DE.

Can be set via Privacy Bar or Preferences Privacy.

Posted by: Fred
Date: December 23, 2007 04:26PM

Good to have you back in the forum, Guenter !
Happy Christmas to everybody.

Fred

Posted by: Kelsy Braide
Date: March 14, 2008 02:33PM

When I go to 'Compose' page in Yahoo Mail, there is no white space after 'Subject' shown to write main message of e-mail. The rest of Compose page is normal. How do I get the main message area to show on screen? Thanks.

Posted by: Kelsy Braide
Date: March 14, 2008 02:39PM

joe
I'm using K-Meleon 1.1.3 on Win XP. User agent K-Meleon, sometimes Firefox or IE ( to see if problem depends on particular user agent ). Nothing checked in Tools > Privacy. When I go to 'Compose' page in Yahoo Mail, there is no white space after 'Subject' shown to write main message of e-mail. The rest of Compose page is normal. How do I get the main message area to show on screen? Thanks.

Posted by: bill
Date: March 14, 2008 09:30PM

"Posted by: tawanda (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2007 06:19PM
i was having the same problem with yahoo mail try going to options in your mail screen. go to management then general preferences. go down to mode and change your setting to compose as plain text then scroll to the botom of page and save. this will bring back your compose box. the problem i had after that is not being able to send the message it doesn't say message sent after i compose. so if you can help me with that is will appreciate it. i hope this helps you out."

Posted by: mark
Date: March 16, 2008 06:45AM

can compose in yahoo mail classic

Posted by: sheryl
Date: March 23, 2008 01:06PM

I can compose my e-mails, but I no longer have the color options or the stationary options. What happen to them and how can I get them back?

Posted by: dharmender
Date: May 06, 2008 05:32AM

joe

Posted by: dharmender
Date: May 06, 2008 05:34AM

Hi,
i am dharmender when i compose message there was problum.
please help.

Posted by: bill
Date: May 07, 2008 11:13PM

Spell Check doesn't work anymore, either. I misspelled a word, clicked on Spell Check and nothing happened.

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 08, 2008 10:47AM

Enabled JavaScript.

Re: Can't Compose AND READ in Yahoo Mail Classic
Posted by: gagan jaiswal
Date: May 13, 2008 07:33AM

dear sir
i can;t read and compose mail in my yahoo id.please solve my problem

Posted by: Lavina Rajwadi
Date: June 02, 2008 05:31PM

joe

Posted by: Lisa Taylor
Date: July 24, 2008 04:46AM

One day I clicked onto my daily Yahoo and my mail was completely different. I HATE IT....

How can I go back to the old Yahoo ??

There is not even an area where you can send e-mail now. The COMPOSE section is now gone.

What in the world is wrong with Yahoo ?? They are definitely going downhill fast !!!!

I know there was a huge flickr ( photography ) conflict and it appears as thought that was just the beginning.

All of my friends now have gmail accounts. I think I may be on my way to joining them, but I've had this Yahoo account for years and I hate to lose it.

I CANNOT EVEN SEND ANY E-MAIL AT ALL.....this is ridiculous.

HELP !!!!

Date: July 24, 2008 04:47AM

With ALL of these complaints....

Can't someone please fix these problems.

What's the old saying...

"If it ain't broke.....don't fix it"....or in this case "attempt" to fix it and break it.

Date: July 24, 2008 04:49AM

Yes....so much frustration....I forgot to say "thank you". : )

Date: July 24, 2008 05:44AM

@Lisa: I use yahoo classic and all-new mail with Windows ME ( ME = which yahoo claims is not supported for new mail ) and XP - with a browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.16pre) Gecko/20080622 K-Meleon/1.5.0 (= German test preview) that is not supported by New Mail as my fall back E-Mail when my other mail accounts do not work. So I can not understand why Your friends went away to their mail providers :s ( yahoo has a good product and just sick policies to market it tongue sticking out smiley )

Lisa Taylor
How can I go back to the old Yahoo ??

Set K-Meleon default User Agent string, Log into mail - Yahoo will redirect You to

Blocked from New Mail Page.

At that page You can choose to Switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic indefinitely -- or at least until your system is ready. or Go to Yahoo! Mail Classic just this one time.

p.s. Old mail is faster and more reliable but less flashy. A while ago in some Asian countries the users had problems with miss-configured yahoo mail servers ( You are here with a Pennsylvanian IP - maybe it is a problem in the US at the moment ? ).

Occasionally yahoo offered me to store my data on several servers for more reliability - but I do not know a way how to provoke this offer, sorry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2008 06:01AM by guenter.

Date: July 27, 2008 11:41PM

Thank you for your help.

Posted by: Tony
Date: August 11, 2008 08:53PM

I have a friend how is haveing the same problem. I tried clearing the cache and her luck went up to like 75% of the time it works. ODD! She does not have the problem at work with IE, but at home the IE will not work??? (cannot find a reason for that either).

any suggestions?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.