General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Phoenity Skin (Large) In 1.6.0
Posted by: markxxx
Date: June 23, 2011 03:03AM

I had to do some reworkings, so I uninstalled K-Meleon 1.6.0 and I did a clean install.

Saved my bookmarks and password file.

So I reinstalled K-Meleon 1.6.0 and I noticed now the option for Phoenity Skin (large) is not there when I hit preferences (F2)

All I get is AuraAlpha, AuraAlpha (large) and Klassic.

OK what did I do wrong? Do I need to uninstall and start over? Or is Phoenity Skin no longer an option?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phoenity Skin (Large) In 1.6.0
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 23, 2011 04:50AM

Phoenity(Large) is part of K-Meleon 1.5.4 but not of 1.6beta2.

Copy the Skin over from an 1.5.4 subfolder skins to 1.6 subfolder skins.
It will be an available option after the next restart.

Phoenity(Large) is also a part of the K-Meleon 1.6 skin archive on dhost.info.

It is in the archives subfolder skins here too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 04:51AM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: June 23, 2011 06:42AM

Aura is much prettier anyway grinning smiley
Anyway, copying only the "Large" folder from 1.5.4 will not work for Phoenity, since ()-folders are just 'additional variation' folders which contain the really different images (Large = the bigger icons), aside from an own toolbars.cfg. But for the identic images (e.g. for little menuicons), which are not unnecessarily copied into 'Large' folder, KM looks for them in the skins basic folder, without any () in the name.
You can easily understand that system if you look inside those 1.5.4-skin-folders with the explorer. ()-variation folders contain much less stuff.

Ah yes, and if an icon isn't found there either, which is probably an icon for a custom macro, KM just looks for it automatically in folder skins/default - I really like that clever system smiling smiley

PS: Aura skin is the other way around, there "Large" contains yet more stuff, but that's because Large is not really a variation. Large and Small were developed independantly, from what I understand, and some icons are even spread across different toolbars. Could be cleaned up a bit, but takes a lot of time, and who has that...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 07:00AM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 23, 2011 10:34AM

siria

Anyway, copying only the "Large" folder from 1.5.4 will not work for Phoenity, since ()-folders are just 'additional variation' folders which contain the really different images (Large = the bigger icons), aside from an own toolbars.cfg. But for the identic images (e.g. for little menuicons), which are not unnecessarily copied into 'Large' folder, KM looks for them in the skins basic folder, without any () in the name.
You can easily understand that system if you look inside those 1.5.4-skin-folders with the explorer. ()-variation folders contain much less stuff.

Ah yes, and if an icon isn't found there either, which is probably an icon for a custom macro, KM just looks for it automatically in folder skins/default - I really like that clever system smiling smiley

PS: Aura skin is the other way around, there "Large" contains yet more stuff, but that's because Large is not really a variation. Large and Small were developed independantly, from what I understand, and some icons are even spread across different toolbars. Could be cleaned up a bit, but takes a lot of time, and who has that...

Phoenity(Large) skin will definitely work with 1.6beta2 when copied over.
The version in the linked archive additionally has its code updated to 1.6beta2.

Icons (*.ico) missing in a skin and can be exchanged between skins.

*.bmp listed in/used by menuicons.cfg and this configuration file can be also transferred to other skins with no problem. They are always 16 pixel.

Feel free to clean the skins up and submit them to the devs.
They are clean enough for me as they are. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 10:58AM by guenter.

Date: June 23, 2011 03:23PM

Thanks, copying from the archive did work for me. I like the Aura skin but the color of it is way too dark for me.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 23, 2011 05:49PM

just disable the background edit>preferences>gui appearance>disable toolbar background (untick)

or replace the back.bmp in the skins\aura folder with the one from phoenity, or create your own back.bmp in photoediting software

Date: June 23, 2011 06:43PM

Thanks I may try that

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.