macro to save a html page to file ?
Posted by: Steve
Date: December 09, 2014 12:55PM

Hello,

I dont use yet k_Meleon but I'm interested on the macro language...
I did not see any "save page" instruction... so, I wonder if this is possible:

- a Macro: to Save a specific page html to a specified file ?
- Can I send a command-line ( like dos...) to run a specific macro ?

Thanks,
Steve / France

Re: macro to save a html page to file ?
Posted by: siria
Date: December 09, 2014 06:51PM

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean...
But "pure" macros only work inside K-Meleon, they require native KM functions, which they are based on and can extend. They are not standalone tools.
If you call a macro from inside KM, it can fire a normal windows commandline if you want (and permissions allow)
For example I'm using an old favorites-add-macro which calls the WindowsScriptingHost to do this, and the parameter it uses in the commandline can be freely configured in the macro kmm-file, with or without user input if you code it that way (mine suggests the native title with the domain added automatically). But I'm still on win98se (and KM1.6), and the prob on newer systems is that they are full of "forbidden" security rules. Have no clue about that, and neither about KM74, but there are some more skilled people around this year. This just as a bit basic "macro" info.

To save a specific webpage, you must first open that page in the browser and then use "Save As", this pops up the (system?) dialogue to input the name and choose a folder. Or right-click on a link and "Save Link As".
Both commands are also available in macrolanguage, but without preconfigured "specific" names.
There's perhaps some way to do it with javascript or WSH (used inside a macro), but for my little skills that's far too complicated.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.