Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.72' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` preferred language for multi-language sites
General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
preferred language for multi-language sites
Posted by: leopoldus
Date: August 15, 2011 12:57PM

Hi,

I could not find neither in the Preferences dialog nor among extended configuration keys the setting, which assign a preferred language for sites with multilanguage support. For instance when I enter google.com, I'd like it to open not the English page, but, say, in German one.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 02:32PM by leopoldus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hpreferred language for multi-language sites
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 15, 2011 01:32PM

Now, I don't know where it is in newer version or if even exists that option in preference, but you can manually edit this preference after typing about:config in the url bar:

intl.accept_languages

If it doesn't exist, just create it as a string type preference.

Then fill it with language codes, in order of preference:

en, en-us, es-es, es, ja

In my case, even is not my first language, I prefer to see sites in english, then, if not available, US english, then, Spain spanish, spanish, and, finally, japanese.

Re: hpreferred language for multi-language sites
Posted by: nickk
Date: August 15, 2011 02:10PM

leopoldus
I could not find neither in the Preferences dialog nor among extended configuration keys the setting, which assign a preferred language for sites with multilanguage support.

For K-Meleon 1.6 Beta F2 > Page Display > Languages

Re: preferred language for multi-language sites
Posted by: leopoldus
Date: August 15, 2011 02:40PM

Thank you JohnHell!
You advice works. But could you give a hint, where from one can find the correct language codes (abbreviations) for different languages?

Thank you nickk too,but at the moment I use the previous 1.5.4. version and there is no such GUI option there.

Posted by: nickk
Date: August 15, 2011 03:26PM
Date: August 15, 2011 04:59PM

It is in the ISO 639-1 (two letters codes), but you won't find codes such as en-us, en-gb or es-es. I don't know where they are :-? I know I found them in the past, somewhere... but I didn't bookmarked it, and I'm not able to find them now. Very typical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_code

I think this MS doc is better than nothing:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533052(v=vs.85).aspx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 05:03PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 15, 2011 09:21PM

This English list of languages should be fairly complete / List for ISO 639 - 2
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/English_list.php

If needed the country is specified as further detail / List for ISO 3166 - 1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1

So if a language is spoken in more than one country the code can consist of more than just the language code to allow the user to choose the version that is more native to him (if available). In this case the code of the language is usually written with lower case letters and the country name is with upper case letters.

Examples: es-ES standart Spanish of Spain.
There are several more languages spoken in Spain: an-Es is AFAIK Aragonese.
But standart Spanish also has a Argentinian variant: es-AR

In some cases I also found both language and country specified where the language is spoken in only one country as official/common language.

But usually You would in this case only specify the language:

et = Estonian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 09:24PM by guenter.

Date: August 16, 2011 01:57AM

guenter
the language is usually written with lower case letters and the country name is with upper case letters

It is to note that the browser is not case sensitive with this and doesn't care if they are lower or not winking smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_escape_string(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, null given in /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php:3888 Stack trace: #0 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php(3888): mysqli_escape_string(NULL, 'WebsiteMenu') #1 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php(3587): ewiki_database_mysql::GET('WebsiteMenu', 0) #2 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php(3850): ewiki_db::GET('WebsiteMenu', NULL) #3 /home/project-web/kmeleon/include/menu.inc.php(24): ewiki_database('GET', Array) #4 /tmp/tpl-kmeleon3-footer-e27cfd0d7ba81d2da26491d6f6114c48.php-stage2(23): include('/home/project-w...') #5 /tmp/tpl-kmeleon3-footer-e27cfd0d7ba81d2da26491d6f6114c48.php(7): include('/tmp/tpl-kmeleo...') #6 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/phorum-core-php78-compat/include/api/output.php(359): include('/tmp/tpl-kmeleo...') #7 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/phorum-core-php78-compat/read.php(879): phorum_api_output(Array) #8 {main} thrown in /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php on line 3888