General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Youtube Problem & How can I delete a post I posted?
Posted by: newbial
Date: January 01, 2015 11:38PM

Please help. Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 03:08PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can I delete a post I posted?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 02, 2015 12:24AM

If you mean by your post in Extensions instead of a better place like General, just report yourself (at the bottom of each message there is a report link).

Write what you need and a moderator will check and do what is needed.

I recommend you to report to move to General, instead delete it.

By the way, you could be more specific with the problem as 1.6 can access YouTube through SSL, actually TLS, as SSL is not recommended anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 03:08PM by guenter.

Date: January 02, 2015 11:45AM

Hi JohnHell,

Thank you very much for replying.

Well the actual problem is that I am having an impossible time downloading YT videos. Specifically:

(1) With the regular HTTP instead of HTTPS this "extnension"/"addon"/"macro" (or whatever it is called), which I had installed using the KM Extensions Manager, would 'slide down' appearing at the very top of the particular YouTube page I was on and would give me various options to download the video in different formats like flv, MP4 Hi Res, MP4 Low Res, mp3, 3gp. (I'm sorry I don't know the name of the "extnension"/"addon"/"macro").

(2) About a month or so ago the HTTPS has been appearing as the default connecting protocol to YouTube. Back then I would simply (a)empty cache, (b)delete cookies and (c)delete flash cookies (by going to the main toolbar in K-Meleon 1.6.0 and clicking Tools-->>Privacy-->>Clear Data) and then reconnecting to YouTube and the HTTPS would no longer appear and so the "sliding macro/addon" would appear, giving me options to download the video, in the way I mentioned in (1) above. (Sometimes, I would even just delete the S in HTTPS, leaving just the HTTP, and hitting the <Enter> key on my keyboard and this would also work).

(3) Now, however, there is no way of getting rid of the HTTPS and therefore no way of the "sliding "extnension"/"addon"/"macro" to appear.

Can you please help me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 03:07PM by guenter.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 02, 2015 03:05PM

Καλησπέρα newbial, You can mail me to ask me to delete or move posts.
You find my mail when You click my name. I also remove SPAM.
You cannot do it Yourself a moderator must do it.

Youtube does not seem to support http any more.
It throws an error if You switch SSL off.

Greetings from Germany, guenter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 03:07PM by guenter.

Posted by: callahan
Date: January 02, 2015 03:53PM

Yes YouTube has been changing things ... I have been using Youtube Downloader HD for YouTube videos but then it also quit working in Nov but they fixed it in Dec and YouTube videos can be downloaded again to watch or store.

I download a lot of computer repair videos and such ... I also use the "Portable" version of Youtube Downloader HD. It's very fast and as of yesterday was working.

Here's information on the latest version.

What's new in the latest version:

Fixed: downloading from YouTube

Youtube Downloader HD for Windows is a completely FREE Software. It contains absolutely NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE, NO REGISTRATION, NO POPUPS, NO MALWARE or other unwanted software.

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/download.html

Date: January 04, 2015 05:08PM

Hi guenter

guenter
You can mail me to ask me to delete or move posts.
You cannot do it Yourself a moderator must do it.

Are you a Moderator? If so, would you please hide my email addressin my other post, meaning my HTTPs related in post in the Extensions forum? Thank you smiling smiley
Thank you for taking the time to respond!

PS: I have put a check mark (tick) in the Follow Topic box. What does that do?

Date: January 04, 2015 05:12PM

callahan
Yes YouTube has been changing things ... I have been using Youtube Downloader HD for YouTube videos but then it also quit working in Nov but they fixed it in Dec and YouTube videos can be downloaded again to watch or store.

I download a lot of computer repair videos and such ... I also use the "Portable" version of Youtube Downloader HD. It's very fast and as of yesterday was working.

Here's information on the latest version.

What's new in the latest version:

Fixed: downloading from YouTube

Youtube Downloader HD for Windows is a completely FREE Software. It contains absolutely NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE, NO REGISTRATION, NO POPUPS, NO MALWARE or other unwanted software.

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/download.html

callahan thanks for your help. I will check it out if I get desperate. I want to "old" way I am used to get to working. Thanks though!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.