General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
There are too many "sticky" here
Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 23, 2015 10:56PM

Maybe we can move those language thread in a dedicated "internationnal" forum?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: There are too many "sticky" here
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: January 25, 2015 03:41AM

I agree with that suggestion.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 25, 2015 11:01AM

Yes, sir! Good solution!

Posted by: siria
Date: January 25, 2015 12:52PM

Not sure, considering there are just so few people around at all, if I'd split up the forum yet more. Although basically an international forum would be great. But perhaps that leads people to rather post in their native language, even those who could reasonably well talk english, and that would return them less answers? Just a thought. Pity it's so quiet around.
But would it be possible to keep the topic column broader (min-width), even when users with ultralong names are posting?

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 25, 2015 07:47PM

Dorian
Maybe we can move those language thread in a dedicated "internationnal" forum?

Way to many but that is also the deal in other forums. smiling smiley

You can do whatever You please. You own this place.

p.s. I made the foreign threads sticky to stay visible, so that new people feel welcome here. It is unique that here You are allowed to write in any/Your own language. And for Google to index them as sticky - it gives the threads rank.

International or single language forum? We voted about it 10 years ago. This is the dedicated international forum.

It is siria's argument that made us stay together then. If times have changed and the English speakers alone can support this as English only forum now, it is ok to me.

BTW. There is currently AFAIK not even a single active English moderator/admin.

Maybe You can co-opt JamesD or another that speaks English natively.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2015 08:04PM by guenter.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: January 25, 2015 07:52PM

siria
But would it be possible to keep the topic column broader (min-width), even when users with ultralong names are posting?

Nice idea, didn't notice. I've done some tweaks. It's still cramped when you're an admin but that's better.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 25, 2015 09:19PM

Cool!! Feel like at christmas grinning smiley
But now it's too broad again, all except 1 thread have now space left. About 75-80% of the new value would be perfect on an old 14" 1024px screen with medium font :cool:

And the "last post" column now has always 3 lines. The only way I see to reduce that would be to completely leave out the 2.line saying "last post" (in languages), which is already the column title. Not sure if that's possible or easy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2015 09:20PM by siria.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 25, 2015 11:21PM

Just a couple of months ago, for the same reason you posted this, I changed through usercontent.css the forum width layout.

With that tiny change you made, it even looks better for me grinning smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.