General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
1.5.4 to 1.6.0 > settings help
Posted by: Mister M
Date: October 27, 2011 03:04AM

Hello. I've been using 1.5.4 for over a year but I would like to try 1.6.0.

I've spent about an hour trying to import all of my settings over to 1.6.0, but I am having no luck at all.

Is there a tutorial on how to do this? In XP in 1.5.4 the settings are all under User/Application Data/K-Meleon. In the beta, however, I do not understand where the user profile is loaded from.

If anyone can help it would be very appreciated.

I will probably have more questions to follow. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Posted by: adodupan
Date: October 27, 2011 09:24AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:06PM by adodupan.

Re: 1.5.4 to 1.6.0 > settings help
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 27, 2011 09:59AM

@ Mister M

KM has two places where your profile can exist. You can find your profile folder by using EDIT - CONFIGURATION - PROFILE DIRECTORY.

User/Application Data/K-Meleon is one of the places. I, however, always keep my profile with the KM program. My current one is located at C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\f6fqu4sq.default. Note that you must give yourself write authority to the folder if you put it with program files.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: Mister M
Date: October 27, 2011 09:08PM

JamesD, thanks for your reply. I copied my backup user profile into the 1.6 profile directory. It appears to somewhat work, but nothing else does, unfortunately. I also copied my toolbars.cfg file into 1.6 as well. Unfortunately, I have no icons and essentially just a window with most of the options missing.

There is something major I obviously am missing, so I will just stick with 1.5.4.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: October 28, 2011 12:42PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:07PM by adodupan.

Posted by: km2
Date: October 29, 2011 10:02AM

Mister M
I copied my backup user profile into the 1.6 profile directory. Unfortunately, I have no icons and essentially just a window with most of the options missing.

Maybe you use alternative skin with 1.5.4, and settings about that skin stored with profile.

Preferences / GUI / General - Skin

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.