General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Safe Eyes
Posted by: Mr. Cooper
Date: November 18, 2011 06:26AM

Hi all. I really wasn't sure where to post this question, so I hope I got it right.

I just recently installed Safe Eyes (by McAfee) on my computer. I opened Internet Explorer and K-Meleon both after install, and I noticed that IE has a Safe Eyes toolbar installed. K-Meleon, of course, doesn't. I want to know if anyone here knows if Safe Eyes works with K-Meleon or not. I have no idea if it simply works at the browser level, or if it works at a deeper level, catching all internet traffic. I really don't want to attempt to look up something vulgar to test it out in K-Meleon, but I may have to if no one here knows the answer.

Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Safe Eyes
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 18, 2011 09:20AM

Try to browse knowingly blockable website (some illegal stuff for example :-) and look whether it is blocked in KM.

Posted by: revolted
Date: November 18, 2011 11:31AM

From what I can tell it works at a deeper level as a full on systemwide proxy server and filter, catching all internet traffic and just about everything that happens on a pc and sending it through Safe Eyes servers, logging absolutely everything for the one with the admin code to snoop on. How pleasant.

Bearing this out, the IE toolbar is optional:
http://www.internetsafety.com/support/article.php?id=210

Posted by: Mr. Cooper
Date: November 18, 2011 09:44PM

Thank you very much! That's what I needed to know.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.