General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Would like a way to zoom text only from keyboard
Posted by: noalternative
Date: February 16, 2015 09:08PM

I would like to be able to zoom text only from my keyboard. Is there a way to create a shortcut for it. A way to do it on the right click menu would be nice as well. I also blacklist all javascrpt and would like a way to whitelist sites from either the keyboard or right click menu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would like a way to zoom text only from keyboard
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 16, 2015 09:54PM

Right click on the Zoom Buttons to show the accels for it.

Use NoScript or Exexceptions to create white/black lists for JS.

Reference: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131158

K-Meleon is a project to create a MFC, Windows native, skinable GUI for the Mozilla Gecko engine. No more. Plus some (a lot of features and functions) code the past devs wanted for themselves.

So You got to use external code to do white/black lists for JS.
Only ad hoc baring of JS is in the privacy bar by jsnj, a past dev.

Posted by: siria
Date: February 16, 2015 10:58PM

Am not sure if shortcuts are shown by default out-of-the-box. If not, hit F2>GUI and check "Display keyboard accelerators in menus".

Posted by: foliator
Date: February 28, 2015 06:40PM

Those accelerators appear on the zoom buttons by default on my copy of version 74. Alternatively, the original poster could create custom accelerators for text zoom by editing accel.cfg in his profile. The commands to use for text zoom are listed in the quick reference guide shipped with K-Meleon:

ID_FONT_INCREASE
I've assigned Alt = (same as Alt + on my machine).

ID_FONT_DECREASE
I use Alt -

macros(Zoom_Reset)
I couldn't find that in the reference guide, but found it by viewing the macro Zoom.kmm in a text editor. I assigned Alt 0.

Note: It works properly for text zoom, but nothing I've tried will reset the full page zoom, even the default accelerator shown on the zoom buttons.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.