General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmarks Editor
Posted by: Zvonko
Date: April 24, 2015 09:06PM

Knows somebody a slim portable bookmarks editor (for bookmarks.html) enabling moving of bookmarks between folders (which the K-Meleon editor does not enable)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks Editor
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 24, 2015 09:46PM

Zvonko
Knows somebody a slim portable bookmarks editor (for bookmarks.html) enabling moving of bookmarks between folders (which the K-Meleon editor does not enable)?

No editor but a file manager is IMHO needed for that. eXec.exe?

Kannst du einfach hin und her kopieren.

You can use either dedicated editors or another browser's if You do not like K-Meleon's way to handle bookmarks.

Entweder in einem anderen ´Browser machen oder Dedizierten suchen/nutzen.

Date: April 24, 2015 10:12PM

File manager??? Maybe my question was not clear enough.

I mean the editing of the bookmarks displayed on the bookmark taskbar. The bookmarks editor (Bookmarks > Edit ...) of K-Meleon allows to create new folders, to delete folders, to delete individual bookmarks, and to sort bookmarks in a folder.

However, a bookmark can not be moved from one folder to another ... a feature which IMHO is strongly needed for individual managing of bookmarks.

This is the only thing I am missing. Actually after my initial confusion about K-Meleon's bookmarking system I now consider this solution as very smart.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 24, 2015 10:30PM

Zvonko
File manager??? Maybe my question was not clear enough.

I mean the editing of the bookmarks displayed on the bookmark taskbar. The bookmarks editor (Bookmarks > Edit ...) of K-Meleon allows to create new folders, to delete folders, to delete individual bookmarks, and to sort bookmarks in a folder.

However, a bookmark can not be moved from one folder to another ... a feature which IMHO is strongly needed for individual managing of bookmarks.

This is the only thing I am missing. Actually after my initial confusion about K-Meleon's bookmarking system I now consider this solution as very smart.

It is possible to move them.

Just click, hold, and drag. When you are over a folder, if it is closed, it will expand and you can release there the bookmark you are moving.

All done from the bookmarks editor since..., ever?

Date: April 25, 2015 12:04AM

JohnHell
Just click, hold, and drag.

Thank you very much, you are a Schatz!!!

I tryed this, but on my tablet ... With touch gestures this is not working!

I simply forgot that some apps in some situations are not willing to do the same with touch gestures as with mouse (an annoying thing!!!).

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 25, 2015 05:04AM

Try to drag to the side first and than into new place. That is how I do on my laptop.
Or import into Your other browser where it worked and edit there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2015 05:07AM by guenter.

Date: April 25, 2015 06:56AM

guenter
Try to drag to the side first and than into new place. That is how I do on my laptop.
Or import into Your other browser where it worked and edit there.

No no, it is working fine with the mouse! My confusion arised from the fact that I use a tablet, and with touch gestures this doesn't work ...

I simply forgot that some apps in some situations are not willing to do the same with touch gestures as with mouse (an annoying thing!!!).

No desire for another browser, I am happy at the moment with K-Meleon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2015 06:57AM by Zvonko.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 25, 2015 07:46AM

There's always the default shortcuts Ctrl+X / Ctrl+V

Or Favorites with single files for each adress. The catch is adding NEW ones always drops them into the same folder with the original name. So for moving and renaming use afterwards the Edit function (which opens a win explorer window), or better an additional macro which offers those function already when adding new faves.

BTW all 3 bookmarking systems can be used at once, with different content of course.

Date: April 25, 2015 08:00AM

siria
BTW all 3 bookmarking systems can be used at once, with different content of course.

Very useful information, thank you, siria!

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 25, 2015 03:35PM

siria

Ah!! didn't know that! winking smiley

No need to answer, but I'm curious yawning smileyP, are you using a Surface Pro? Is the tablet that came to my mind, x86/x64 compatible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2015 03:37PM by JohnHell.

Date: April 25, 2015 06:17PM

Glad it helps, the oldest ways are sometimes still the best grinning smiley

So here's another tip that was always missing in the bookmarks-helptext: How do you search inside them?? :cool:
(answer: just type away, without input field! then jump from hit to hit with F3)

Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 26, 2015 10:37AM

wow! FAYT works inside Bookmarks!!!

siria - you are real mine of information!

Date: April 29, 2015 10:23AM

JohnHell
siria
No need to answer, but I'm curious yawning smileyP, are you using a Surface Pro? Is the tablet that came to my mind, x86/x64 compatible.

No, my tablet is a Sony Vaio Tap11.

Date: May 08, 2017 05:25AM

Hi!
How to sort bookmarks inside a folder wasn't answered here?
At least I found now that Shft+Arrow Up/Down enables moving individual bookmarks up and down in the Bookmark Editor.
Z.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2017 05:26AM by Zvonko.

Date: May 08, 2017 05:45AM

Zvonko
The bookmarks editor (Bookmarks > Edit ...) of K-Meleon allows to create new folders, to delete folders, to delete individual bookmarks, and to sort bookmarks in a folder.

Date: May 08, 2017 05:52AM

@siria: Ha ha, yes, I see. But obviously I forgot how... Please help...*)

*) I mean to sort bookmarks alphabetically.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2017 08:12AM by Zvonko.

Date: May 08, 2017 09:53PM

As always with most things, right-click and find there more options, incl. "Sort". Or is it broken...?

Date: May 09, 2017 04:28AM

@siria: O yes, thank you.
(There is a Help button in the window; an info like 'More options in context menu (right-click)' in the Help window would be helpful...)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.