General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
what kmeleon version?
Posted by: robert
Date: May 12, 2012 02:45AM

what kmeleon version in english do you recommend? where can I get it?
the memory of my computer is small, 90k, so I'm not sure if the latest version is the best.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what kmeleon version?
Posted by: rodocop
Date: May 12, 2012 06:29AM

see below, under line :-)

Posted by: robert
Date: May 13, 2012 03:01AM

I tried the 1.6 version. I download it to "documents" but the next step was not possible. When I try to install or execute the answer is something like this: the windows cannot open this archive. Then it suggest a search, but it doesn't work. A page like shell.windows appears, and lock the computer. I don't know the mean of rar.

Date: May 13, 2012 09:53AM

you need WinRAR archiver to open .rar-files.

Or 7zip to open 7z-files.

Also you can take one of the builds from my signature - they don't need installation - just unpack somewhere you want...

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: May 17, 2012 06:24PM

rodocop

Also you can take one of the builds from my signature - they don't need installation - just unpack somewhere you want...

though the newest versions of Winzip and 7Zip can open RAR files. you just need to set either one of them to open them in their respective Options menu. also, Winzip 12 and higher can open 7Z and RAR files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2012 06:26PM by 4td8s.

Posted by: llewsrac
Date: May 26, 2012 06:30PM

rodocop

Many thanks for commkmeleon

I have been frustrated lately with the other versions of KM running the cpu up and freezing on some sites and using F9 to disable pictures.

I have trialed your version and find it to works with no hitches so far and I cannot get it to freeze. The negative part of Km is once you get use to using all the little options that Km has at your finger tips - you really begin to miss it when you try to move on.

I appreciate your work.

llewsrac

Posted by: Kleon
Date: May 26, 2012 07:17PM

llewsrac
Many thanks for commkmeleon

I have been frustrated lately with the other versions of KM running the cpu up and freezing on some sites and using F9 to disable pictures.

I have trialed your version and find it to works with no hitches so far and I cannot get it to freeze. The negative part of Km is once you get use to using all the little options that Km has at your finger tips - you really begin to miss it when you try to move on.

K-Meleon has indeed become a bit of a CPU hog lately, especially with streaming videos and other multimedia. Rodocop's CommMeleon seems an exciting new alternative. And it can be tweaked, like other versions, I hope.

——————————————————————————
Windows XP Pro SP3 | K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta2
Trying out various subspecies of the lizard smiling smiley

Date: June 08, 2012 11:25AM

I only have 1 problem with CommMeleon which shouldn't annoy me but it does. The light blue icon when it is up and running is very similiar to Palemoon's icon. Is there any way I can change the colour?

It certainly works a treat for me though and I use it all the time.

I only use Palemoon when I need to copy and paste a lot of urls for downloading purposes.

Thanks

Date: June 08, 2012 12:44PM

I'm really lost here. I can't find the setting (file, pref, etc.) which is responsible for application icon choice.

May be it is connected with default theme setup and main.ico there, may be not.

I need community's help.

Date: June 08, 2012 12:53PM

O, yes! It works!

Just take your favourite icon, name it main.ico and place in the dbTango skin folder (default for CоmmMeleon) replacing existing one.

You can take default KM icon from this archive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 12:54PM by rodocop.

Date: June 08, 2012 10:16PM

grinning smiley grinning smiley
Yes it works great. With all due respects to the programmer the smiley KM icon is a treat to see.smiling smiley smiling smiley

Many thanks for commmeleon.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: June 10, 2012 01:10PM

llewsrac
grinning smiley grinning smiley
Yes it works great. With all due respects to the programmer the smiley KM icon is a treat to see.smiling smiley smiling smiley

Many thanks for commmeleon.

llewsrac,

Yup, I am using it also, aside from occasional issues with history, it works well and as for the main icon, well smiley was there first and I just plain like that goofy lizard. <g>

N

Posted by: topor8
Date: June 28, 2012 04:22PM

Rodocop--

Just a belated line to let you know that I donwloaded your CommMeleon 1.6+ version a few weeks ago, and it's wonderful. It not only works smoothly on my XP Pro system, it actually runs with very few glitches on my ancient Win98 SE system (which KM 1.7 does not).

I'm looking forward to your next version.

Again, many thanks.

t

Date: June 28, 2012 10:15PM

I'm very glad to read this, really. Thank you!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.