General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't compose in Yahoo mail using K-meleon browser
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 28, 2015 09:20AM

As this thread contains a really great number of silly posts, I begun to remove post by post these stupidities. Due to the number of posts to delete, I obviously failed during the process, and remove the thread instead of a post.

As someone will probably post again for this problem, or a related one, I create it again, reproducing a post of Guenter, which must answer to these questions.

I'm in phase with Siria to say that it's not a Yahoo forum, and users ought to mail to Yahoo instead of K-Meleon, as the reason is related to Yahoo.

Thanks to read the Guenter's post:

Guenter
Dear Danjay Malla Reddy and other ppl with Yahoo mail problems,

Users and moderators at the K-Meleon Forums can do absolutely nothing to debug or enhance Yahoo's mail service.

The PPL with recent complains about Yahoo mail service come with Indian or other IP that can be traced to the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre IP range.

Only Yahoo own service personal can fix Yahoo mail service and servers in this and other regions - the problem is not browser related or K-Meleon specific.

Yahoo always bared browsers with Gecko engines that are not Firefox or SeaMonkey from new Yahoo Beta Mail. For this reason the K-Meleon Forums at Source Forge have three threads that are answering FAQs about how to get Yahoo mail service for K-Meleon.

Yahoo Mail users were advised to set K-Meleon's User Agent String to pretend that a new Firefox asks for service with Yahoo. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 or newer are ideally suited. Yahoo's service personal is cordially invited to visit the Gecko is Gecko site for advice on Gecko engine and how to solve this severe Yahoo Gecko bug in Yahoo Beta (new) Mail.

Recently additional PPL have problems and come here more often and with new types of problems. The number of posters is far too high for coincidence. The complains are about broken Yahoo mail service.

Yahoo's mail program at the server level seems erratic. Complaints contain but are not limited to: no login possible, no mail can be fetched or sent, or no files attached. Several browser versions and brands and not only K-Meleon or other Gecko browsers seem affected.

Thx for reading my post.
guenter

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 06:17AM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't compose in Yahoo mail using K-meleon browser
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 28, 2015 11:33PM

JujuLand
As this thread contains a really great number of silly posts, I begun to remove post by post these stupidities. Due to the number of posts to delete, I obviously failed during the process, and remove the thread instead of a post.

Thank god, but at least, as you revived it again, you could have set the thread name and, therefore, the page title, the thing that most people checks in a search engine result, to another more obvious to avoid problems:

Can't compose in Yahoo mail using K-meleon browser

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 29, 2015 06:18AM

Yes & I had tinkered with the headers in that old thread also.

alain thx for Your effort. Let me explain. Why I left it alone.

Maybe one or the other visitors saw that we thx to Dorian have a browser.

If one of the multitude tried the browser it was good enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 06:22AM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 30, 2015 09:59AM

You're right, that's not too much for a so good browser.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: ray
Date: July 02, 2015 05:14PM

I've found that these issues are usually the result of a user agent problem.

Use a Firefox addon like Blend In, TotalSpoof or Blender to change the user agent and see if that fixes the problem. This will set the user agent to use Firefox's one and not K-Meleon.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 02, 2015 08:36PM

ray,
KM can emulate FF by itself - see for 'Firefox compatibility mode' in 'Tools' menu.

Also you can use more universal useragent multiswitcher created by naruman

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 10:25AM by rodocop.

Re: Re:
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 11, 2015 08:07PM

1.) Yeast of what they advocate was discussed here many a year ago.
Interesting video.

2.) Fun post with lots of old knowledge and irony.

about:mozilla especially if You know past ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2015 08:12PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.