General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Download Progress
Posted by: Tan Jia Jie
Date: July 13, 2015 05:53AM

After looking everywhere, I cannot find any ways to see my downloading progress. Some download with the browser will have a new dialogue box showing the downloading progress and I just found out with about:downloads can look for the download history. But sometime when I download something with www.keepvid.com where I drag the link to a new tab and press ctrl+s, the file can be seen in the directory I am saving and is gradually increasing its size but there isn't anywhere in the browser showing the downloading progress... So I would like to know is there any ways to see the downloading progress?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Download Progress
Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 13, 2015 11:32AM

Ctrl+S is for saving, not for download. These are different operations for browser.

Saving operations are not handled by download-routine. Neither are listed in downloads history.

Re: Download Progress
Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 13, 2015 11:36AM

Why to drag link onto new tab and ctrl-save it instead of just left-click direct link given by keepvid or right-click and select 'Save Link Target as'?

The latter type of saving (being actually a download-operation) is opening download progress window.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2015 11:38AM by rodocop.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.