General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Titles in History and Address Bar?
Posted by: Rick D
Date: July 14, 2015 01:00PM

I am new to K-meleon, and everything is AWESOME, except that when I start typing in the address bar, the autocomplete entries all only show the URL, and it's hard to tell where each URL actually goes. Also, when viewing browsing history, all I see are URLs, and a lot of them look identical because they are cut off. It seems like this would be the #1 thing that should be addressed if there's not already a setting or somthing. I Googled pretty hard to try to figure this out but found nothing. Am I the only person who is having this issue, or is there some well-known fix that I just don't know about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Titles in History and Address Bar?
Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 14, 2015 01:27PM

Yes, this is so for URLbar.

Not for History.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 01:28PM by rodocop.

Date: July 14, 2015 02:03PM

Viewing History "By Date", I am not seeing any titles. Do I need to take a screenshot to prove it? This is fresh out of the box, should be a known issue. For that matter, if the other thing is a known issue, is it being worked on? It makes this browser sort of inconvenient.

Date: July 14, 2015 02:11PM

Don't mean to put down this browser, always glad to see a browser that doesn't spy on me. It just seems like such a basic thing to show the titles, but I guess I should be glad to see a browser like this coming along at all, right? Really I'm just wondering if it's being worked on or is on some list of things to be worked on. And if it is the intended behavior, I am curious why.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: July 14, 2015 02:22PM

I agree with chunked urls in history when they are too large, but the history shows the titles, except for "extension" files (.jpg, .gif, .rar, .7z, .zip, etc).

I think we would need an image.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 14, 2015 09:56PM

Rick

Mouse over a history entry and a box shows the title and the url.

Date: July 15, 2015 12:06AM

Here is what I'm talking about with both the address bar and history (respectively):

http://gyazo.com/c1b273c3a6fcf0a0d55feeb3999fd583
http://gyazo.com/eb5ca40761d4b0e2b1799e8f8ebc3052

Mousing over my history doesn't do anything except pop up with a little text box (I think this is "alt" text in HTML?) that also contains the exact URL (not the title)

Date: July 15, 2015 12:08AM

I should add that even if I could mouse over the URLs in either spot to get the title, it still would not be helpful or convenient in any way.

Date: July 15, 2015 12:11AM

Ok sorry, history works. When I was viewing it I was just viewing a bunch of Google links, which are also URLs in Firefox, so I guess that's pretty normal.

The address bar thing is still a problem (for me) though. Is that expected behavior?

Posted by: siria
Date: July 15, 2015 04:58AM

Just curious, could you post a direct link to one or two of such google entries? Because on my old KM1.6 all google pages seem to have titles, am probably searching differently. Unless it's one of my macros, but doubt that thinkereing of that sort was necessary with google at all. Yeah I know different KM history systems, but if a page HAS a title it would be shown in both.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.