General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
7 Years On
Posted by: Carson2
Date: July 15, 2015 07:08AM

Who is here from 7 years ago? I saw K-M 75, and I was amused to think it must be 75/40ths more advanced than FF 40. I loved K-M, came back to see. I had to add a "2" after my name because my ancient ghost wouldn't budge and I couldn't recall my old password. Tried to set up a new K-M and my heart recalled more nostalgia than my head recalled how to do things. I still have my old configs stored away, though. Hi and best regards, those who remember.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 7 Years On
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 15, 2015 09:01AM

Carson2
Who is here from 7 years ago? I saw K-M 75, and I was amused to think it must be 75/40ths more advanced than FF 40. I loved K-M, came back to see. I had to add a "2" after my name because my ancient ghost wouldn't budge and I couldn't recall my old password. Tried to set up a new K-M and my heart recalled more nostalgia than my head recalled how to do things. I still have my old configs stored away, though. Hi and best regards, those who remember.

Greetings to Vanvouver, who is still here and using K-Meleon? Many - except absentee aficionados that do not check here for the K-Meleon news occasionally.

FF 40. Their high version number is a joke. So...
we have Dorian's & install some FF addons for extra fun.

PWD. Can be reset by an admin - if You still own gcarson at ?

Dorian's rules say one must have access to the old mail account that is in the data base. Else no reset if the PWD is lost.

You have old configs and maybe some still work? There is a post about how to transfer the passwords but I do not recall all details.

Something like use 74 edit the prefs.js like

user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", "72739712.s");

That should convert the old the format to the sql data base. I have not tested to convert with 74 final or 75 but with an pre release of 74 and use the resulting profile as a whole now with 74 and 75 release. AFAIR my profile dates back to 1.6 or earlier? :O

It is basically the same procedure that is recommended for Firefox and can be found via Google. If this still works You can retrieve Your own Phorum password without access to the old mail account. That is Your only chance if You do not have the old gmail account anymore.

And I already know You don't. tongue sticking out smiley & grinning smiley

Greetings

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 05:02PM by guenter.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 15, 2015 05:02PM

Me, 2011-newcomer (earlier - read-only-man) and I'm very glad to see here one of km-dinosaurs!

Let's rock! Greetings to Canada from Russia!

Posted by: Carson2
Date: July 15, 2015 06:26PM

@Guenter, it is excellent to find you here again. I was wondering if you might be. I send you my best greetings, and I do hope you and your loved ones are well and happy.

I may just stay as "Carson2" for a time, as I left GMail years ago and now prefer its little breakaway, Zoho.

@Rodocop, greetings right back to Russia from Canada. I keep up with the news these days via RT and Xinhau. RT is as bouncy as Xinhau is conservative, but together they give me a world view we norteamericanos are not supposed to have. A person may or may not be constructing a table well, but with at least an attempt at honest appraisal, he can improve his design and his construction. But when that person is drugged into perpetual sleep and knows nothing and cares nothing of his woodwork, he abandons all chance for a good build; in fact, his table will likely be stolen away from him. I feel so sad here in Canada for what we had and what we lost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 06:26PM by Carson2.

Date: July 15, 2015 06:46PM

Great words!

//offtopic//
Being an essential evangelist of open mind, I should strongly premonish you that RT is just like false mirror.
They exist only to create and promote very special and unfair worldview. They aren't backed by unbiased intensions. RT is a pure propaganda.
//end-of-offtopic//

Posted by: Yogi
Date: July 15, 2015 07:51PM

@rodocop

//offtopic//
I'm comparing some articles of RT and RussiaInsider with those of Western main media outlets from Germany, the USA and the UK, almost on a daily basis.
You'll find bias and propaganda on both sides. Regarding bias and propaganda, often our 'free' media is even overtrumping RT and RI.
So far only reading both sides can help one making his own judgement and keeping his mind open.
//end-of-offtopic//

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 07:51PM by Yogi.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 15, 2015 08:32PM

Yogi
@rodocop

//offtopic//
comparing some articles of ...

//end-of-offtopic//

Yes I second Carson's and Your folks' views. You got to read more than one source if You want or need solid information. I probably do not share any of Your political views and I do not have to - to second that.

Most information sources have their own usually hidden agenda.

p.s. What strikes me most is that some "financial" pages/papers have the most solid, frank information - while openly standing to their conservative view.

Carson, I send You a mail with "step to step" in case You still have an old profile with pwds. Guess You are the old Carson from Your views. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 08:37PM by guenter.

Date: July 15, 2015 08:37PM

Let's continue about media OT there.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.