General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
ABP not working with KM75.
Posted by: caktus
Date: August 28, 2015 06:03PM

I just started using KM75. ABP 2.6.9.17z doesn't seem to install in KM75. Perhaps because I seem to have trouble getting the 7zip tool to work. I downloaded the ABP from https://mega.nz/#!dJ52jICb!mc0EHdOm40sTnBbPNo1hika1oGXSxtXXIcSEArh84V0 as I could not find an ABP specifically for KM75 at the APB web site.

I really love being able to use ABP, so I'm hoping someone can help me get it to work with KM75.

I am using Windows 8.1 64-bit on a 64-bit machine.

Thanks

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ABP not working with KM75.
Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 28, 2015 08:38PM

There are no ABP for KM75 (or any build newer than 1.6) in nature.

ABP 2.6.9.1.7z is the sort of some unofficial 'hack' adapting ABP functional for KM74 by naruman, some macro authoring by siria and some packaging for KM 75 by me.

You need to unpack this file when KM is closed, as this procedure replaces original omni.ja file.

Try it again.

Re: ABP not working with KM75.
Posted by: caktus
Date: August 30, 2015 07:00PM

Thank you robocop. After getting ABP installed KM kept crashing each time I would open it, generating some kind of error in Russian. So I deleted KM and reinstalled it. Even without ABP KM 75 is still MUCH, MUCH faster and more stable than the other browsers I was using ie IE and FF. In fact I had to get rid of FF because it was crashing too, too often. It is a shame that a couple web sites I use still require IE to work properly. But still I am a much happier canper :drool: with KM 75.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.