General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? smiling smiley What not? sad smiley
Posted by: siria
Date: October 22, 2015 09:39AM

Sometimes new users mention they really like this browser.
But - why do you like it??
Or - why not?
Please tell us a bit about it smiling smiley

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to K-Meleon? What do you like? smiling smiley What not? sad smiley
Posted by: werty8763
Date: October 24, 2015 06:37AM

Pro: extremely fast.....
Con: kinda cluttered.....

Posted by: Yogi
Date: October 24, 2015 11:29AM

"Clutter" generally means options. Chrome like "clean" and "lean" means almost no options. In order to quickly switch basic settings you'll need to download extensions.
Keep in mind that you can remove all clutter/options you have no need for. There is almost no limit to customize the UI at your like.
That's how my K-Meleon looks right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 11:36AM by Yogi.

Posted by: Jeromex
Date: November 08, 2015 09:42AM

I am waiting for a browser with a bookmarks' menu.

Posted by: thomase13
Date: November 12, 2015 02:10AM

Yes, the program pulls off the great feat of being wonderfully customizable and incredibly feature-rich, while still being very lightweight and efficient at using resources.
As far as a bookmarks menu, there is one, right at the top of the screen, as well as full support for IE favorites! grinning smiley
If you meant a sidebar, then plain old Firefox and IE are the only ones I know of with that capability. SeaMonkey doesn't have it either.

And I agree with Yogi; if you find the interface cluttered, then disable the plugins you don't use or turn off some toolbars: simple as pie! smiling smiley

Posted by: aticus
Date: June 19, 2018 09:44PM

The first K-meleon that I used was 1.5.4, alternating with Crazy Browser. Sometimes it gives me problems, but I can not use another. There were a couple of years where I was worried because the 1.6.x seemed to be obsolete. I tried Palemoon, Qt, Firefox, Iron, Avantbrowser and some more. They go well, all right, but there's no way I'm comfortable. Either I find them heavy or a joke; for example, Qt, you only have to establish three or four things, K-meleon, instead, you have to work a little, but then you feel at home. You can not recommend it to anyone, because if you do not configure it as you wish, you can use any other. Time passes and remains the fastest. So I'm very happy with 75 and 76. It's the Foobar of the network! smiling smiley I use it both in Windows and in Linux. I regret not being able to help and I thank everyone very much for their time and work (by the way, I can not get the Rss-atom subscription to work; it would also find interesting an add-on for feedly, freshrss or other similar services). Regards

Posted by: J.G.
Date: June 19, 2018 10:05PM

Pro: probably KMeleon is the best browser ever so far.
Con: KM77 release date is the biggest secret in the world.

PS. I really miss @guenter. ¬_¬

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2018 10:06PM by J.G..

Posted by: Anixx
Date: June 24, 2018 05:34AM

I like that K-Meleon uses native Windows controls which makes it look well under Classic theme of Windows and work fast.

Stability is no longer an issue after migrating to Goanna engine (it was a major issue before that).

I dislike some bugs (particularly, the annoying font bug that makes all fonts if text fields to change to "System" font).

I also dislike that K-Meleon has insufficient functions to manage bookmarks: pavicons are not always obtained, impossible to make only icons without labels on the bookmarks bar, no drag and drop on the bookmarks bar, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 05:34AM by Anixx.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.