General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Re: Why wont this page load??
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 29, 2013 08:00PM

@JayDee

What version of K-Meleon are you using and on which operating system? I just looked at the page and it loaded OK for me. I am using a beta 2.4 version of the official 1.6.0 Beta 2

It is available here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2dot4_en-US.7z

Two possible reasons for your non-display are that the website had a problem which is now fixed or that the Gecko engine in your version of KM is too old for some of the code on the website.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: duffy98
Date: January 30, 2013 09:32AM

JayDee ... I have three versions of K-Meleon on my computer ... KM 1.5.4, the version JamesD mentioned and KM-Twin and the page you are asking about looks OK in all three versions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2013 09:35AM by duffy98.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 31, 2013 10:56AM

Here. The page only looks ok with 1.6b or later which have newer html engines.

All older versions do not display the skill chart properly.
I tested with K-Meleons back to version 0.71 just to make sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 10:58AM by guenter.

Attachments: map.gif (153.4 KB)  
Posted by: JayDee
Date: January 31, 2013 05:19PM

I guess its me then. Im using version 1.5.4 and it wont load a thing. Im also on windows vista.

Date: February 01, 2013 08:21AM

guenter ... I stand corrected on the page link. I see the same thing on all three KM versions which I thought was the complete page but I don't see what you posted ... I don't see the wheels and 20 Points left, didn't know that was supposed to be there ... but what I see looks the same on all my KM versions, just missing the inside picture. Glad you posted what was actually there to see, no help from my me on this one.

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 01, 2013 05:14PM

JayDee
I guess its me then. Im using version 1.5.4 and it wont load a thing. Im also on windows vista.

Not You but they stopped to support the legacy html-engine of 1.5.4.

A pity, the most capable browser interface and an old html engine. sad smiley

duffy98
guenter ... I stand corrected on the page link. I see the same thing on all three KM versions which I thought was the complete page but I don't see what you posted ... I don't see the wheels and 20 Points left, didn't know that was supposed to be there ... but what I see looks the same on all my KM versions, just missing the inside picture. Glad you posted what was actually there to see, no help from my me on this one.

No. Not corrected I merely added my findings. Support is a community effort. Sometimes a page does not load for some reason on a PC or a broken browser dll. That is why several of us (must) look until we think we found the reason or can help.

On my PC only the 1.6beta2 I am using as default can display it - I do not have/use any newer version.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 05:19PM by guenter.

Date: February 01, 2013 08:30PM

Guenter ... OK, I stand corrected again. I was able to get the page to look as you posted but only on K-Meleon 1.6.0 beta 2.4 with XP Pro. The page starts to load on KM-Twin but on my computer the loading starts but stays at 0% ... it never finishes. On K-Meleon 1.6.0 beta 2.4 the page fully loads and I see what you posted.

I have Proxomitron also running when I'm on the internet and I had to check "Bypass" to get the page to fully load. I always forget to check things out with Proxomitron "fully enabled" or set to "Bypass". So that confirms your findings. As I said earlier, the page doesn't fully load with KM-Twin on my machine. Someone else might check that out.

Agree, it's a community project with everyone trying to help one another.
thanks ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 08:42PM by duffy98.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.