General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Continuos reload bar
Posted by: pantik
Date: October 27, 2015 05:54AM

Hello:

someone knows how to remove the botton bar that appears when i activate Continuos reload ? Its a problem because it moves the viewport of the window so i cant see the top of the website that i am browsing.

If not... someone knows any other extension or plugin to autoreload ?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Continuos reload bar
Posted by: siria
Date: October 27, 2015 08:09AM

It's created by the javascript-line in the reload macro.
And really giant, considering todays ultra flat monitors with shooting slit height (what an annyoing fashion, kept me from getting a replacement notebook with win7 awhile ago, absolutely no higher formats available, argh!)

My JS skill are nearly zero, but did a bit trial and error and this "seems" to work fine with readme.html (not sure about other pages, because readme.html doesn't hide anything not even with the huge bar):

Make a backup copy of reload.kmm in the macros folder, named reload_ori__kmm
Now in the original kmm replace **line 32** (the one with the long code) with this one, save and restart:

$__sec==""?0:injectJS("(function(){var t=parseInt('".$__sec."');if(!isNaN(t)&&(t>0))with(document){open();write('<html><head><style type=\"text/css\">#b{position:absolute;right:4px;width:40px;height:1.4em;bottom:0;padding:0 0 0.25em;font:inherit;}#i{position:absolute;left:0;width:100%;bottom:0em;height:100%;border:0;}</style></head><body style=\"font:menu\"><iframe id=\"i\" src=\"'+location.href+'\"></iframe><button id=\"b\" onclick=\"quit()\"></button></body><script type=\"text/javascript\">var tspan='+t+',tleft=tspan+1,buttn=document.getElementsByTagName(\"button\")[0],units=new Array(\""._("hours")."\",\""._("minutes")."\",\""._("seconds")."\"),title=\""._("Reloading: %s")."\",btext=\""._("%t")."\";doit();setInterval(\"doit()\",1000);function doit(){if(!--tleft){tleft=tspan;frames[0].location.reload()}var h=Math.floor(tleft/3600),m=Math.floor((tleft%3600)/60),s=tleft%60,ttext=((h)?(h+((m<10)?\":0\":\":\")+m)sad smiley(m)?m:\"\"))+((h||m)?((s<10)?\":0\":\":\"):\"\")+s,utext=((h)?units[0]sad smiley(m)?units[1]:units[2]));buttn.innerHTML=btext.replace(/%t/,ttext).replace(/%u/,utext);document.title=title.replace(/%s/,frames[0].document.title)}function quit(){history.back()}</script></html>');close()}})()");

#### End code
Test yourself with button size fits best to your screen, by changing this text in the line above:
#b{position:absolute;right:4px;width:40px;height:1.4em;bottom:0;

[hr]
(sig) [url=http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/list.php?19][b]New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4[/b][/url] (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
[url=http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/FAQ?switchlang=en]K-Meleon [b]FAQ[/b][/url] (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - [url=http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,97481]Learning new stuff every day[/url]
New to K-Meleon? [url=http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,135971]What do you like? What not?[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 09:50AM by siria.

Date: October 27, 2015 03:24PM

I got nothing. Does not matter how much little i do the bar they always change the display port or the windows. I just want no visible bar. Thank you anyway.

Date: October 27, 2015 03:41PM

Hey , sorry .. my mistake it worked. Thanks.

Date: October 27, 2015 03:44PM

It is not a big problem but .. Not possible remove the little counter down on right side?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 04, 2016 06:08PM

I have discovered, that this could not be the 'pantik's mistake' - autoreload usually doesn't work from the first time. But works fine from the next attempts.

Take this post as bugreport, please.

Date: February 04, 2016 07:57PM

Also seems to not work on HTTPS pages at all.

Date: April 21, 2016 03:48PM

Just to clarify:
effect reported in previous message (bookmarklets not working on https pages) was forced by my own changed pref:

security.mixed_content.block_active_content set to true causes this.

Just toggle it to false to avoid this and have bookmarklets working everywhere. (except some sites that do block client-side JS on their own)

Posted by: aimfiend
Date: May 13, 2016 02:53AM

I changed some part of original reload macro from using js to pure macro language ,nomore timer bar , using settimer macro api , as following

_Reload_2nd{
$_Reload_OnLoad="";
$__pre=getpref(INT,$_Reload_Interval);
$__sec=prompt(_("Enter number of seconds between reloads:"),_("Continuous Reload"),$__pre);
$__reloadtimerid = settimer( _reloadtimer,$__sec, continuous) ;
setpref(INT,$_Reload_Interval,$__sec); getpref(INT,$_Reload_Interval)>0?0:setpref(INT,$_Reload_Interval,$__pre);
}
_reloadtimer{
macroinfo=_("reloadtimer");
injectJS("location.reload()");
}

It is main reload part, if u wanna kill timer , u may add new macro like this

_Reload_Kill{
macroinfo=_("Kill Timers");
killtimer($__reloadtimerid);
}

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.