General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
twitter alerts
Posted by: pantik
Date: November 02, 2015 12:54PM

Hello, im new on tweeter for 2 weaks. Yes i never liked it, but now i need it.

Someone knows some windows app or k-meleon extension to set alert when i receive tweets for specific user ? I tried a lot of clients but with no success. They are all intrusive, pc breaker and shit app with high resource consume. I ONLY need a simple (open-source if possible ) app to get alert (sounds or popups) when i receive tweets of a list of users.

Thank you in advance mates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: twitter alerts
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 02, 2015 01:16PM

Hello pantik,

Unfortunately, I know nothing about twitter. Is that stuff accessed via the browser or e-mail or some other method?

Do you have to leave your browser running to get the alerts?

Date: November 02, 2015 01:20PM

By browser.

Date: November 02, 2015 03:28PM

If your KM remains open on the twitter page, maybe you could set the continuous reload feature. That can be found by the right-click menu of the reload button. You are allowed to set the number of seconds between reloads. Setting 120 seconds would be two minutes.

I don't know what the alert that you get looks like, but perhaps the OnLoad event could check for some specific thing after each reload and alert you if that were found.

As I said, I don't have a twitter account. Therefore I am answering you blindly.

Re: twitter cilents
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 02, 2015 04:18PM

I only go to Twitter to read/no account. For people with account several apps do exist:

LIST: http://alternativeto.net/software/mybucketz/ As Java App?

Or: The dashboard through a browser at tweetdeck.twitter.com used with constant reload?

Much like JamesD suggests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2015 04:19PM by guenter.

Date: November 02, 2015 04:53PM

all these programs are shit for me, you need create a count and i will not do. Its enough i created i tweeter count. I keep searching... The only thing i need is alarm or alerts when specific users tweet. Thanks both.

Date: November 02, 2015 07:05PM

OK, when specific users tweet. That we maybe can work with. Something on the page will have an id that is specific to the user who tweeted. Is there a datetime stamp for each tweet? I don't see one. Are you looking at a specific subject?

I remembered that some page which I read today had a 'follow us on twitter' link. This is what I see. It seems to be for a subject. I don't think the browser alone can do what pantik needs. Can he use tweetdeck without being a member?

Re: twitter clients (macro twitterwatch)
Posted by: siria
Date: November 02, 2015 09:34PM

Have an account.
Wanted to recommand popman and searched around how to get emails from twitter when a followed account is posting. Searched and searched, found a dozen email-options for all sorts, but NONE for followed ones . Pfff...
Okay, back to macros :cool:

EDIT:
Arghh - macro deleted again sad smiley
Forgot that twitter shows the posting time not in hours/min, but "20min ago" etc, changing page content all the time sad smiley
Sigh. Riddling again...

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2015 10:00PM by siria.

Date: November 02, 2015 10:22PM

Its ridiculous. The best app i found is old version of TweetDeck but Tweeter killed it. Why a old version? Becasue it had much more options setting. Now you can set nothing. Its impressive the power and control over the users that tweeter have right now. Ofcourse that the reason i never used tweeter, facebook or all these shits. Thinking in go to North Corea to live!!!!!

So i found nothing to set a simple customizable alarm when specific user sends a message without registar a fucking movile number. The point is to have the control of every person. Fuck NSA, Fuck Bill Gates, Fuck to retard people going in mass to social networks.

Date: November 02, 2015 10:25PM

Well, keep Mad to other side... For people who need something similar, at the moment the best option is TweetDeck. You can set nothing but you can set very simple filter with a no customizable ridiculous sound and only 5 seconds notificacion. The funny is old version you could set time of showing notifications, sound to play, etc etc, now you only can set font(s,m,l), them (dark,light) and nothing more. SO RIDICULOUS.

Date: November 02, 2015 10:29PM

@JamesD Yes, you can use it without creating account, but you still need Tweeter acount ofcouse.

If you would be impressive k-meleon create feature to manage web-base text and create macros, no cookies, no tracking browsing etc

Cheers Julian Assange , Cheers Richard Staltman

Posted by: siria
Date: November 02, 2015 10:48PM

I'm absolutely with you, but am afraid on top of all those conscienceless people is also half their gov.

Anyway, here goes again my little macro tongue sticking out smiley
Save the blue text as file "twitterwatch.kmm" into your macros folder and restart.

This is a raw first draft, if it works well enough for you we could think about adding little options...
Also possible that it may need more fixing first, no idea.
To easier check if it works at all, without having to wait for hours until next post, remove the comment sign before the "just for testing" alert. But do not leave the computer for a longer while, or you'll find dozends of alerts to click away at return grinning smiley

# FORUM: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,136129
#
# BETA, needs testing
# After each page load in K-Meleon, of all sites, this macro checks if the loaded URL is the watched one.
# If yes, it compares if the text before the word "TWEETS" has changed since last check.
# If yes, it pops up an alert message.
#
# At FIRST load, if no old version is found yet, the timer is started to reload every 120 seconds (change below)
# When page is closed, the timer stops ;-)
# The start message can be disabled. Added it only after finding the auto-reloading does NOT start when restoring a session.
#
# ===> Change the URL to your followed account!
# ===> Change the reload timer to your preferred interval.

$_twitterwatch="";

twitterwatch{
# **USERCONFIG** Set the URL of your watched page:
if ($URL=="https://mobile.twitter.com/zdnet?p=s"winking smiley {
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
$_new=$SelectedText;
$_new=substr($_new,0,index($_new,"\r\nTweets\r\n"));
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_NONE);
#
if ($_twitterwatch=="") {
$_twitterwatch=$_new;
# **USERCONFIG** Set time interval in seconds:
settimer("twitterwatch_reload", 120,"continuous");
alert("","TwitterWatch started");
}
else {
if ($_new != $_twitterwatch) {
$_twitterwatch=$_new;
alert("","Check Twitter",INFO);
}
# else alert("(just for testing. Attention: the alerts accumulate!","TwitterWatch: nothing changed");
}}}

twitterwatch_reload{ id(ID_NAV_RELOAD); }
twitterwatch_close{ $_twitterwatch=""; }

$OnLoad=$OnLoad."twitterwatch;";
$OnCloseTab=$OnCloseTab."twitterwatch_close;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."twitterwatch;";

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 03, 2015 05:06PM

pantik
at the moment the best option is TweetDeck. You can set nothing but you can set very simple filter with a no customizable ridiculous sound and only 5 seconds notificacion. The funny is old version you could set time of showing notifications, sound to play, etc. ...

TweetDeck has AFAIK been taken over by Twitter and since that the old features were reduced. So maybe it is better to use an version from the time before or just after the takeover.

Set the filter of an older version to show only the persons You want (if possible).

That is at least my idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2015 05:28PM by guenter.

Date: November 03, 2015 06:28PM

I tried 3 or 4 old version. None of them can connect with tweeter server. Of course, Tweeter ensured you only can use his new spying version.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.