General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Yahoo Mail blocking users with Adblockers
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: November 25, 2015 09:34PM

I saw this article on the Filehippo site that mentions about Yahoo Mail blocking users that use Adblockers:
http://news.filehippo.com/2015/11/yahoo-mail-blocks-users-using-adblockers/

this might apply to K-meleon users who have adblockers like AdblockPlus installed.

has anyone used Yahoo Mail on a K-meleon browser with ABP? post your results here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yahoo Mail blocking users with Adblockers
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 26, 2015 06:37AM

I and Blue Hell 2.5.0/K-Meleon76b2 on Yahoo.com not affected.

p.s. My Blue Hell has custom/partial update to 2.5.2 because 2.5.2 has a problem with its blocked.xhtml and does not work for km.

Some of my regular pages like those of Foccus (German Magazine) do not work with BlueHell on. Makes me visit the page less often since I have to switch off and on the addblocker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 07:22AM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 27, 2015 09:41PM

I have just used my Yahoo e-mail with K-Meleon 76 Beta2. I am using the css adblocking and the native adblock.dll plugin.

I did not receive any notice of my using the native adblock. I do not remember seeing any advertisements on the screen in either of two sessions that I did.

This is the first time that I have used Yahoo this year. Where would the advertisements show?

Posted by: siria
Date: November 27, 2015 10:15PM

article in 1st post
...according to a Yahoo spokesman speaking to Endgadget, Yahoo were ‘testing’ a ‘new product experience.’ According to Endgadget, the test may have been targeted at a small number of Yahoo Mail users to gauge public reaction before pushing out the ‘disable adblocker’ message to all Yahoo Mail users.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.