General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Can't put bookmarks in folder
Posted by: Slickone
Date: December 28, 2015 09:09PM

What's the trick to put bookmarks in a folder? When dragging and dropping the bookmark, it always goes above or below the folder, not in it.

I have "enable support for Netscape bookmark' enabled.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't put bookmarks in folder
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: December 28, 2015 09:31PM

Just hold over the name of the folder, it will open or expand (very little if empty) and you'll be able to drop it there. If the folder is empty, you'll notice that you are going to drop inside it, also, because the "marker" gets indented.

Date: December 29, 2015 03:33AM

I've done it that way a thousand times in Firefox, but for some reason that wasn't working in KM earlier, but it is now. Who knows.
Thanks

Posted by: Yogi
Date: December 29, 2015 12:26PM

There is no need to drag and drop to begin with.
You get offered the option to place the bookmark in the folder of your choice, during bookmarking.
It should be very hard to miss the chosen folder. winking smiley
See pic below:

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 29, 2015 12:27PM

Insted of fighting with a newly created bookmark folder, close edit mode create one bookmark there then reopen edit mode and sort the rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2015 12:28PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: December 29, 2015 01:27PM

@dorian:
if not too much work, it would IMO be much handier to have that "add bookmark here" line on top instead of bottom. Not all folders have so little entries :cool:

Posted by: foliator
Date: December 29, 2015 05:04PM

The above instructions are correct, of course, but sometimes I've had to hold the bookmark over the destination folder a long time to get it to expand; sometimes it refuses to do so. If the folder is already expanded, moving a bookmark in there is still a hit or miss proposition. It's not really a fault of KM, however, because I've experienced the same behavior in Firefox (and in Internet Explorer).

But there's another approach: Cut the bookmark with Ctrl X, then highlight the destination folder with the mouse and paste the bookmark there with Ctrl V. BTW, Cut, Copy and Paste are missing from the bookmark's context menu, at least in KM75.

It would be nice to be able to manage bookmarks directly in the bookmarks toolbar, which is possible in Firefox and even in Internet Explorer.

---
Gerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2015 05:09PM by foliator.

Date: December 30, 2015 03:20AM

Yogi
There is no need to drag and drop to begin with.
You get offered the option to place the bookmark in the folder of your choice, during bookmarking.
It should be very hard to miss the chosen folder. winking smiley
See pic below:
I was working with bookmarks I already have.

Date: December 30, 2015 03:21AM

foliator
The above instructions are correct, of course, but sometimes I've had to hold the bookmark over the destination folder a long time to get it to expand; sometimes it refuses to do so. If the folder is already expanded, moving a bookmark in there is still a hit or miss proposition. It's not really a fault of KM, however, because I've experienced the same behavior in Firefox (and in Internet Explorer).

But there's another approach: Cut the bookmark with Ctrl X, then highlight the destination folder with the mouse and paste the bookmark there with Ctrl V. BTW, Cut, Copy and Paste are missing from the bookmark's context menu, at least in KM75.

It would be nice to be able to manage bookmarks directly in the bookmarks toolbar, which is possible in Firefox and even in Internet Explorer.
OK glad it wasn't just me. Thanks for the cut/paste tip. I'll try that next time.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.