General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
right mouse click's context menu ?
Posted by: hillschmidt
Date: January 18, 2016 08:15AM

Folks,

is there a way to suppress the menu which pops up when you use the right mouse click? Especially to suppress the options "reload / F5" or "Save as / CTRL-S" in the webapp / kiosk mode - I will e.g. only leave "full screen F11" in this menu.

TIA for any suggestion, Andreas

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: right mouse click's context menu ?
Posted by: siria
Date: January 18, 2016 09:34AM

There are various ways to manipulate single entries, but since you want to restrict everything as much as any possible: go straight to the source of all :cool:
...browser/defaults/settings/

in menus.cfg most menu entries are created, except very few by macros and plugins. The menus are structured modular, with parent menus and submenus inside them (groups which either pop up with an arrow, or are completely visible inside the parent menu) and single menu lines.
There are also "context" menus which pop up on right-mouseclick, they are also making use of some submenus created above already.
The whole menu tree must be build bottom-up, all submenus must already be created above before creating their parent menus further down.

=> menus and single lines can be disabled by adding a # before the line. Or test how it look after removing the whole cfg-file... grinning smiley

And in the same folder take a look at accels.cfg, same system for keyboard shortcuts.

Some more macro-created menus and shortcuts are inside the kmm-files in the macros folder. Look for "setmenu" and "setaccel" commands in them.

Posted by: hillschmidt
Date: January 18, 2016 12:37PM

Perfect! Thanks for fast response!

I copy the original (default) .cfg one's in my individualized Profile folder and stopped there all Popup menu entries by commenting out # the actions, but also (via accel.cfg) the F1, F2, ... functionality which still worked in -webapp (kiosk) mode ... great!
Now I have a profile where only F11 works - great!

Very close now to have a CD version to present HTML/CSS/JS files with a very fast off-line browser ...

Posted by: siria
Date: January 18, 2016 09:46PM

Great! Always nice if something works so well smiling smiley

KM also has a pref setting to work only offline, you probably know, but just in case: "kmeleon.general.offline"
Also just in case only, the Mozilla engine seems to have various ways to lock some prefs, but personally not familiar with it (example https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/1063418)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.