General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Open Tabs get automatically closed and are lost when ...
Posted by: Voltaire
Date: February 11, 2016 05:53PM

... having open a portable instance of KM and opening additionally the officially installed one.

Situation: KM75.0-portable was used first as test version but kept. When 75.1 came out it was officially installed (not as portable version). There are different settings, different tabs, differnt bookmarks/favourites, different saved sessions, different toolbars etc.

So far both are alternatingly in use.

But what happened just now is really bad behaviour ...

KM75.1 had so far 50 open tabs at last close; they open when opening KM75.1 next time. It was closed before having opened KM75.0p that had 70 open tabs at last close/restart and about 10 new FB-Tabs were opened during current session; and it was in use with these open tabs.

Now opening KM75.1 while still having open KM75.0p ... but what happens then?

Very rude: when KM75.1 opens, KM75.0p disappears and is gone and no longer an open application (without any warning and possibility to save the open tab session). You cannot switch to it (by alt-tab) as it's no longer existing as open app; it also disappears as window. Additionally KM75.1 opens with home-screen (duckduckgo); all the 50 tabs seem also to be gone ...

After closing KM75.1 (so nothing open anymore) and reopening it, all the 50 tabs are again there ... And after closing KM75.1 and reopening KM75.0p the 70 tabs are back again, but those from last open, and not the recently opened 10 additional tabs ...

So that should not happen; if one instance is still running and another is opened, either they should not influence each other, or there should be a warning that another instance is still running so that you can stop starting the second one without any damage. Another thing is loosing the last open tabs that were not saved; that's also no useful behaviour ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Tabs get automatically closed and are lost when ...
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 11, 2016 07:25PM

Something with your installation.

I have DOZENS of KM instances installed (portable as well as at least one fully installed) - and I never had such a behaviour.

Check your installations, access rights etc.

What is your OS?

Re: Open Tabs get automatically closed and are lost when ...
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 11, 2016 07:29PM

Also check that you DO run both KM instances with '-new' parameter (look into your shortcuts or other 'run-commanders' if any - for example, I run all my apps from Total Commander's toolbar)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.