General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
[solved] Problem with "about:preferences"
Posted by: foliator
Date: March 19, 2016 08:01PM

Ever since I started using KM75 I've relied on about:preferences, especially for the Applications page. Today, however, about:preferences suddenly stopped working; that is, it comes up, but I can't get beyond the General page. The links in the left-hand frame to the other pages don't work. When I click them nothing happens, except that the link gets highlighted and there is a barely perceptible change in the width of the right pane as I click on each of the links.

Maybe one of the files got damaged, but I have no idea which file it could be. Does anyone know what may have gone wrong?

BTW: The other about pages, such as about:config and about:cache, work fine.

---
Gerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2016 10:20PM by foliator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with "about:preferences"
Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 19, 2016 09:51PM

Was found that this page stops working when both disk and memory caches are set to off.

Check whether it refers to you...

[solved] Re: Problem with "about:preferences"
Posted by: foliator
Date: March 19, 2016 10:16PM

rodocop
Was found that this page stops working when both disk and memory caches are set to off.

Check whether it refers to you...

Thanks, rodocop; yes, it does! I always disable disk caching, but leave memory caching enabled. When I checked about:config just now, however, I found that offline caching had been inadvertently disabled. Re-enabling it solved the problem. I guess it makes sense, since about:preferences is basically an internal function that doesn't use an online source.

---
Gerry

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.