General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmarks.html and Bookmarks_backup.html
Posted by: Spiderkeys
Date: April 02, 2016 12:17PM

Anyway I could change their locations, ideally in their own folder?

My stats is, I have K-Meleon installed on several machines, and I only want to sync my bookmarks.

I wanted to create a junction of those 2 files pointing to my Dropbox folder, unfortunately they reside in the root of my profile folder with everything else, I can't seem to link individual files, just entire folders and all their contents, it either all or nothing.

If those 2 files were in a their own folder, I can easily create a junction and set it and forget, then my bookmarks will always be sync'ed and up-to-date.

Or does another way exist, instead of having to remember to update them manually everytime?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks.html and Bookmarks_backup.html
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 02, 2016 01:01PM

In the options for bookmarks, there is an item to point KM to a bookmarks file other than the default. Perhaps you could copy the two files to your dropbox and then point KM to the copies in dropbox.

Posted by: Spiderkeys
Date: April 02, 2016 02:16PM

Ahh, I saw that before, and thought Netscape Bookmarks meant, Netscape Navigator browser, which I don't have installed so I always ignored that section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 02:16PM by Spiderkeys.

Posted by: siria
Date: April 02, 2016 03:54PM

By the way same system for "IE Favorites" and "Opera Hotlist". Just another way to store KM bookmarks, completely independant from those browsers, but if wished can be pointed to share the same files.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.