General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How do you launch your custom macros?
Posted by: foliator
Date: April 29, 2016 10:38PM

So true, rodocop! Honestly, I often think most of the skills that matter to me were self-taught. Very little of my formal education, even in university, has proven that helpful. As they say, "experience is the best teacher."

There's an old story about a guy who was out looking for work, but got rejected by one company after the other because he was "over-qualified". On being turned down at his last job interview, he said "But I'm a university graduate!"

"OK," replied the employer, "Then you can start Monday sweeping our floors." grinning smiley

---
Gerry

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anontemp123
Date: April 30, 2016 05:15PM

foliator
It turned out that someone (maybe one of her kids) had changed her system colors, making the foreground text white, while the background was already white!

I was helping a friend and had a situation similar to this. Spent all day, couldn't figure it out, swapping video cards, etc. I was just sitting there, frustrated, started playing with the monitor controls for no reason. Turns out someone had set the contrast all the way up.

Posted by: foliator
Date: April 30, 2016 05:46PM

anontemp123
I was helping a friend and had a situation similar to this. Spent all day, couldn't figure it out, swapping video cards, etc. I was just sitting there, frustrated, started playing with the monitor controls for no reason. Turns out someone had set the contrast all the way up.

Sometimes people investigating businesses set traps like these on purpose to see how honest the business is. When TVs were still using vacuum tubes, for instance, an investigator would deliberately remove one tube (not the picture tube) so that the picture was either distorted or absent altogether. Then he'd bring the set in for servicing. He got a huge bill for repairs that were not only unnecessary, but likely not even carried out. All that was needed was to plug in a new tube worth a couple of bucks. It could be done in five minutes or less.

---
Gerry

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.