General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cache folders
Posted by: siria
Date: May 13, 2016 07:03PM

Slickone
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,136880,page=6
I've posted about 3-4 different problems there but never got a way to fix them. I didn't have those problems with Firefox.
Having no history is probably going to force me to switch browsers. Probably Opera or Light.

Since no one else reports such a prob, it's probably something on your own computer, but nearly impossible to diagnose from a distance.
All I know is that such things are often created by some security or auto-cleaner software, as several people have reported in this forum after similar 'strange' probs. It's well possible that those tools already consider Firefox and other main browsers as exception by default, but KM is too little and unknown. You may investigate in that direction, or perhaps also for Mozilla issues.
Just assumptions of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2016 07:05PM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 20, 2016 12:17AM

I should say that current privacy kplugin doesn't delete cache2 contents during Clear cache or Clear All procedures.

This should be handled as a bug.

I've created a quick and dirty temporary fix (uses cmd-file to clear cache2) and going to publish it later.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 25, 2016 11:08PM

That's it.

It contains changed toolbars.cfg, cmd-file which does clean cache folders and additional macrofile (macros\ccache\clearallfix.kmm) which overrides default kPrivacy_ClearAll macro declaration.

The latter 2 will be autocopied into profile dir during the first KM-launch after fix installation.

Download and enjoy!
https://my.powerfolder.com/dl/fiHmZfd1PLVic5HpA9zQVDYR/ccache76.7z

P.S. I will prepare next version with Paranoid Clear function to delete really ALL the personal data (storages, databases, caches)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.