General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Your version of KM
Posted by: slayer
Date: June 17, 2016 10:08PM

Hi people, what version of K-Meleon are you using and under what OS?

Currently I'm posting this message from RC76 under Win7. I also have an older PC, Compaq presario, with XP Sp2 and the previous version of KM.

Thanks to all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your version of KM
Posted by: foliator
Date: June 17, 2016 10:43PM

I'm also using 76RC on Windows 7 (x86). Hmmm ... I guess that's already there in my signature. smiling smiley This is on a little netbook with a 10-inch screen, by the way.

---
Gerry

Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 18, 2016 12:44AM

This is one of my 75.1 Pro-remasters. 75.10 Pro (from sig) is my default by I have about 20-30 different K-Meleons on my 2 PCs used for different tests, experiments and troubleshooting.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 18, 2016 06:38AM

I use K-Meleon* (German sub version) under XP 32 SP3 and Win 7 / 64.

p.s. K-Meleon*. Many older versions are installed and usable. Usually I use the newest RC and/or stable versions as default.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 06:33AM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 18, 2016 06:39AM

All is in my signature :cool:

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: panzer
Date: June 18, 2016 10:04AM

Km 75 on XP SP4.

Posted by: lxbon
Date: June 21, 2016 02:15AM

This is my info:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0

hocthue

Posted by: Mikk
Date: June 21, 2016 02:44AM

1.7 under W98SE smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 02:45AM by Mikk.

Posted by: callahan
Date: June 21, 2016 09:07AM

I am using K-Meleon v1.8.24 by adodupan from 2014 time frame ... with Windows XP SP3.

I also use a Firefox 46 with Windows 7 user agent ... I have no trouble with banking and such for now ... never know about the future.

I was using the older version 1.6 by JamesD but switched to version 1.8 in 2014.

The adodupan version still works good in 2016 but I also have Pale Moon Portable v26.2.2 (Intel Atomâ„¢ and Windows XP build) for sites and web pages that give me some trouble ... so far it doesn't happen very much.

Pale Moon Portable Atom/WinXP (32-bit)
Atom-optimized and Windows XP compatible version of the browser designed for portable use on netbooks and similar.
File size is approximately 19 MB (EXE)

It all works for me now.

Posted by: Slayer
Date: June 21, 2016 04:04PM

Where are located those versions , 1.7, 1.8. I mean the download.
I want the best version for my very old XP system. And what is siria using?

Posted by: siria
Date: June 21, 2016 08:21PM

Huh - slightly surprised to be asked directly, but as regulars here all know, am using the newest one - that runs on win98se that is: KM1.6beta2.5/2.6 (by JamesD, several updates newer as the beta2.0 version on the download page, and with one dll exchanged or it wouldn't start, was something graphics-related IIRC).

KM1.7 also runs on win98se, but it's alpha and so extremely buggy for MACROS, it's hopeless if you need them often. Especially if you prefer to keep Javascript blocked as default. Otherwise, the engine itself is younger (gecko3.6) and probably better as in KM1.6 (gecko3.5)

KM1.8 was some parallel fork of the KM74 generation by adodupan, guess it was internally closer to Firefox philosophy.
Naruman had another fork too, can't remember the version, it was closer to Dorians, with additional bugfixes.

Whatever you search for KM, it's all in the forum shattered somewhere...

If I were on a modern system, I'd use the newest available KM-version (currently KM76RC+updates). Especially from a macro-plugin viewpoint KM74+75.0 were still rather buggy, KM75.1 is much better in that regard

PS:
the original file preventing startup of KM1.6 in win98 is imglib2.dll. Only the yet older version from 2011-06-24 still works, although flawed due to age.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2016 12:22AM by siria.

Posted by: Slayer
Date: June 21, 2016 09:43PM

Sorry, I've been here in the past, and at that time I was also using win98 + KernelEx, that is why I remember you and the other people. I coded a couple of macros too. BTW From where I download that JamesD version? I have downloaded the one from the site (1.6) but the toolbars are missing.
From here, Win7, I have the latest RC, it has some hiccups here and there and sometimes closes itself but it is a very good browser anyway.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 21, 2016 10:58PM

Comrade Slayer,

look for it in my signature.

adodupan have deleted a majority of his posts for some reason. I have his build 1.8.24 somewhere so I will republish it ASAP.

And the most promising build 74+1 made by naruman still is here
I've used some stuff from there for my Pro builds. And it's a major dissappointment for me that naruman (aka Merlin?) stops his part of development.

His work was exactly what could make a breakthrough in KM-FF compatibility problem.
Did you know that I've even synced 2 instances of KM74+1 through Firefox Sync?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 10:59PM by rodocop.

Posted by: callahan
Date: June 22, 2016 03:11AM

I also noticed that after I posted earlier about using K-Meleon v1.8.24 by adodupan ... that all or most of his posts are gone or deleted.

I was looking for information on KM v1.8.24 from 2014 in case someone was interested in working with that version.

I guess rodocop will have to supply a download. It seems light and fast but some web pages will act up but not many ... for what I visit.

... just to add about Pale Moon Portable Atom/WinXP (32-bit) ... it says it is for use on netbooks but I use it on a regular ThinkPad laptop with XP SP 3. I don't have a netbook.

Atom-optimized and Windows XP compatible version of the browser designed for portable use on netbooks and similar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2016 03:18AM by callahan.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 22, 2016 03:37PM

rodocop
And it's a major dissappointment for me that naruman (aka Merlin?) stops his part of development.

His work was exactly what could make a breakthrough in KM-FF compatibility problem.
Did you know that I've even synced 2 instances of KM74+1 through Firefox Sync?!

disrupted, naruman and Merlin were posting from Egypt. Maybe we should visit them there after the summer break and ask. grinning smiley

Yes, IMHO naruman's work on chrome was advanced - a pity that he has no time or interest to contribute currently.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.