General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bildschirm Tastatur
Posted by: CS-Martin
Date: July 12, 2016 10:07AM

Hallo K-Meleon Forum.

Ich benutze Windows 10 Tablets (nur TouchScreen) und bin von dem Browser begeistert.
Leider wird wenn man in die Adressleiste drückt oder ins Suchfeld keine Bildschirmtastatur geöffnet. Bei anderen Browsern schon. So wie es aussieht wird es nicht als Eingabefeld von Windows erkannt.

Gestartet wird im Vollbild
Als Administrator
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Gibt es da eine Lösung?

Lg Martin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bildschirm Tastatur
Posted by: siria
Date: July 12, 2016 11:11AM

Hört sich kompliziert an, würde das evt. zwecks mehr Lesern auch auf english posten (Titel sowas wie No on-screen keyboard? Rest notfalls 2-sprachig)

Und mal die neueste KM-Version testen, weil der Entwickler immer nur die jeweils neueste Version weiter entwickelt. Das ist momentan 76RC1
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,138447

Tja. Nun hab ich noch etwas bei firefox gegoogelt, weil da ja fast die gleichen Engine drin ist, und sowas auch daran liegen kann. Und das hört sich leider auch diesmal so an - ein gecko bug, und wurde von Mozilla erst ab Version43 gefixed. So weit ist KM glaub leider noch nicht :-/ (Würde aber trotzdem noch KM76 antesten)

http://www.google.de/search?q=firefox+tablet+%22bildschirmtastatur%22&num=30&nfpr=1&gbv=1
http://www.drwindows.de/windows-10-desktop/93759-firefox-windows-10-bildschirmtastatur-automatisch-aktiviert.html

Vielleicht hilft in der Zwischenzeit auch sowas hier, keine Ahnung:
http://www.pctipp.ch/tipps-tricks/kummerkasten/hardware/artikel/surface-pro-4-nie-mehr-theater-mit-der-bildschirmtastatur-83817/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2016 11:21AM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 12, 2016 11:52AM

I do not have touchscreen device, so let me ask this question please.

Can you send quick keys, acelerator keys, or can you touch a button and obtain the action that you wish? I am assuming that an input box from a macro is seen as an input field.

example: ALT + SHIFT + U

Date: July 13, 2016 05:22PM

I have made progress with method to fix the touch screen problem. I just need to find a suitable image for the button.

Possible are menu with copy and edit functions, or "ALT SHIFT U" for the edit function directly.

siria

I can only do English. If CS-Martin was not put off by the forum being gone and requests it, can you help with language?

Re: Bildschirm Tastatur / Win10 tablet: on-screen keyboard?
Date: July 13, 2016 07:11PM

@all: anyone here has a win10 tablet??
@James: sure one of us can do that. Good idea! Would just prefer to see it tested first. PS: the prob is that he has NO keyboard, and the bug is that not even a virtual one opens automatically for input fields, as it should on tablets.

@Martin: versteht du evt. auch englisch?

Und befürchte leider, dass hier keiner so ein Tablet hat, das macht die Sache etwas schwierig ;-)
James schlägt einen Umweg per macro vor: das erzeugt eine neue Schaltfläche (button), die beim Anclicken ein Eingabefeld öffnet, z.B. mit der momentanen URL bereits drin oder markiertem Seiten-Text. Was mit dieser Eingabe dann genau passieren soll, wäre noch zu ergründen, evt. im 2.Schritt ein kleines popup-Menu mit weiteren Aktionen zur Auswahl.
Noch paar Unklarheiten:
- helfen die Tips von den Firefox-Leuten irgendwas?
- bzw. würde so ein Macro überhaupt was nützen, oder bietet win10 selber schon einen einfacheren Workaround an?
- funktioniert denn so ein macro-Eingabefeld auf dem Tablet, oder auch nicht? Zum Testen: den Such-Button in der Schaltleiste oben antippen, dann müsste sich ein Eingabefeld öffnen.
Ah ja, noch ein Haken: so ein Macro-Feld hat nur eine mickrige halbe Zeile sichtbar, zum Rest muss man scrollen... Am sinnvollsten wär natürlich, wenn irgendein Button dem System einfach sagen könnte "hey das ist ein Eingabefeld, öffne die Tastatur!" Aber keine Ahnung wie sowas gehen könnte. Problem Schnittstelle Browser/System. Falls es irgendwo z.B. ein bookmarklet zu dem Zweck gäbe, das könnte man auch einbauen, aber erstmal finden...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2016 07:25PM by siria.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 13, 2016 07:38PM

I've made 2 touchscreen related icons:

these are ico files with 16, 24 and 32-sized icons in one file. No need to convert to bmp or something else - just point to ico-file in macro. Size will be chosen and displayed according to your toolbar and button commands.

Feel free to use.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 13, 2016 07:38PM

siria,

I only have win 7 touchscreen netbook.

Date: July 13, 2016 07:48PM

siria
@James: sure one of us can do that. Good idea! Would just prefer to see it tested first. PS: the prob is that he has NO keyboard, and the bug is that not even a virtual one opens automatically for input fields, as it should on tablets.

All input fields? even prompt() and confirm() ?.

If yes to above, then my work will not help.

Date: July 13, 2016 08:13PM

@James: actually he only mentions URL and Search input fields (assume the one inside the Home page)
And well possible that Win10 already offers a default icon in the taskbar for opening the keyboard, screenshot of it here:
http://www.borncity.com/blog/2015/08/20/windows-10-upgrade-fix-fr-bildschirmtastatur-im-tabletmodus-medion-akoya-p2214t/

@Martin:
Hast du unter den Windows-Einstellungen unter Eingabe>Geräte die Option hier eingeschaltet? Bei manchen soll es helfen:
"Automatisch Bildschirmtastatur für Apps im Fenstermodus anzeigen, wenn keine Tastatur angeschlossen ist"

Bildschirmfoto davon hier:
EN: http://www.windowscentral.com/auto-display-touch-keyboard-windows-10-desktop-mode
DE: http://www.borncity.com/blog/2015/08/20/windows-10-upgrade-fix-fr-bildschirmtastatur-im-tabletmodus-medion-akoya-p2214t/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2016 08:17PM by siria.

Date: July 14, 2016 05:52AM

Woa grinning smiley

So much Answeres... iam sorry... could not reach the home page yesterday.

Yes i think iam good with english.

i will Test everything now and let you know today! The Macro button is no option. It realy should be simple es possible.

Thx for your help!

Date: July 14, 2016 06:18AM

This one here helps a little bit. Now The onscreenkeyboard opens when you press in the adress bar. But when you click on the search field nothing happens. And on some pages you can use the workaround to press into the adress bar and than to search field but on other pages the keyboard disapears when you click on the search field becouse he thinks you wanna look on the home page.

Bildschirmfoto davon hier:
EN: http://www.windowscentral.com/auto-display-touch-keyboard-windows-10-desktop-mode
DE: http://www.borncity.com/blog/2015/08/20/windows-10-upgrade-fix-fr-bildschirmtastatur-im-tabletmodus-medion-akoya-p2214t/[/quote]

The problem is on the engine... Firefox engine had fixed the problem in version 43. So i think i just have to wait for the bugfix in K-Meleon. Realy sad becouse the browser would be the perfekt one.

Thank you all for the help! I will let you know if i have any suxess on the problem!

Date: July 14, 2016 12:33PM

If I did not have bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

Of course my internet service went out yesterday. I was going to post some code, but looks like it might not help. I will post it anyway, just so everyone will know the direction that I tried. It is not finished. I did not add the button yet.

touch_URL.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- touch_URL.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language for URLBAR for touchscreen users --------
#
# Dependencies : main.kmm
# Reference : http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,139262
# Version : 1.2 2016-07-13
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_touch_URL_copy {
macroinfo = "Copy the URL bar text to clipboard";
setclipboard($URLBAR);
statusbar("clipboard contains contents of URL BAR.");
}

_touch_URL_edit {
macroinfo = "Edit the text in the URL bar.";
$_touch_URL_text1 = $URLBAR;
$_touch_URL_text2 = prompt( "Edit the URLBAR value." ,"URL touch edit" , $_touch_URL_text1 );
length($_touch_URL_text2)== 0 ? &_touch_URL_editNd : &_touch_URL_editWd ;
}

_touch_URL_editWd {
$__urlm1 = "Please confirm the proposed edit. \n\n" ;
$__urlm1 =$__urlm1 . "Original URL BAR text \n" . $_touch_URL_text1 . "\n\n";
$__urlm1 =$__urlm1 . "Edited URL BAR text \n" . $_touch_URL_text2 . "\n\n";
$__urlm1 =$__urlm1 . "Note that a 'YES' will replace the URLBAR contents.";
$_touch_URL_goNogo = confirm( $__urlm1 , "URL touch edit" , YESNOCANCEL, QUESTION );
$_touch_URL_goNogo == "YES" ? $URLBAR = $_touch_URL_text2 :0;
$_touch_URL_goNogo == "NO" ? &_touch_URL_edit :0;
$_touch_URL_goNogo == 0 ? &_touch_URL_editNd :0;
}

_touch_URL_editNd {
statusbar("Cancel was pressed.") ;
}

_touch_URL_SetAccel {
setaccel( "ALT SHIFT U", "macros(_touch_URL_edit)");
}

_touch_URL_BuildMenu {
$_URLt = "URL touch actions";
setmenu("&Tools", popup, $_URLt, Misc);
setmenu($_URLt, macro, "Copy", "_touch_URL_copy", 0);
setmenu($_URLt, macro, "Edit", "_touch_URL_edit", 1);
&_touch_URL_SetAccel;
}

# = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
$OnStartup=$OnStartup."_touch_URL_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."touch_URL;";

Date: July 15, 2016 10:17PM

CS-Martin
Now The onscreenkeyboard opens when you press in the adress bar. But when you click on the search field nothing happens. And on some pages you can use the workaround to press into the adress bar and than to search field but on other pages the keyboard disapears when you click on the search field becouse he thinks you wanna look on the home page.

If the URL bar works that can be used for searches too. It's just settings, most of us use the urlbar as search bar anyway. There are various configuration possibilities. And also right-clicking the search-button in the toolbar shows a menu with more options.

But I suppose the difficult prob is filling forms of any sort, like forum posts? Just a thought, probably won't help but you never know:
in my old KM1.6 (and later too?) there is some bug that sometimes the cursor in the edit field vanishes (normal PC with keyboard, not tablet). Typing still works, just no cursor visible. But when clicking once outside the input field and then back inside it again, the cursor is restored. So... perhaps clicking elsewhere on the page first and THEN into a field makes a difference? You tried clicking into the URLBAR for this same effect, who knows.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.