General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
"kill flash objects" what is it?
Posted by: robert
Date: July 19, 2016 02:30AM

What is "kill flash objects" and what is "kill java applets"?

since I let install windows 7 professional, I cannot watch videos. The audio is like this: pa pa pa pa sh sh sh sh...

thanks for all your dedication.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "kill flash objects" what is it?
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 19, 2016 12:18PM

robert
What is "kill flash objects" and what is "kill java applets"?

since I let install windows 7 professional, I cannot watch videos. The audio is like this: pa pa pa pa sh sh sh sh...

thanks for all your dedication.

On Press the button it tries to switch off macromedia/adobe flash player/object embedded on the HTML page You are visiting. The other button does the same for Sun/Oracle java applets.

The buttons have IMHO nothing to do with Your problem.

Your Windows 7 version may need/require that You install video codecs in order to play videos and music?

https://www.google.de/search?client=kmeleon&num=100&q=macromedia%20flash#q=free+video+codecs+for+windows+7

For example: https://www.codecguide.com/

Or use something like VCL player as system default for video playback. VCL player has some common codecs included.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2016 07:34AM by guenter.

Posted by: Mikk
Date: July 21, 2016 05:53PM

robert
Did you perheaps upgrad from XP? In such case could be W7 a little too much for your HW, which is now no more able to replay such relatively demanding multimedia cleanly. Only as an idea...

Posted by: siria
Date: July 21, 2016 07:22PM

There are at least some 20 different prefs in modern gecko just to control video output! It's a jungle and I have no deeper knowledge, but somewhere in the forum here are recents threads with lots of info....

From memory just: if you're using the same KM profile as before, it must be something in the OS causing this, and the suspect is that "windows media foundation" thing. Perhaps that has now a different default setting as before, but if so you can switch it.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: July 22, 2016 10:10PM

Since the OP didn't gave a link to test, Mikk's suggestion seems to be the most plausible cause.
Most videos are either mp4, vp8 or flash.
Windows 7 will play them thanks to its own native splitter. Flash needs the NPSWF.dll but this is obvious.
K-Meleon should play the vids with the default settings as well.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.