General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bookmarks?
Posted by: emmzee
Date: November 12, 2001 07:09PM

Hi,

I must just be slow ... I have 0.6, and can't find any information on how to get bookmarking functionality into kmeleon ..... do I have to install a plugin to get bookmarks? Where do I get the plugin? I am an IE user who is fed up with having it crash every five minutes. smiling smiley Thanks for any help you can give ......

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks?
Posted by: kendo
Date: November 12, 2001 11:01PM

I had to copy my bookmark.htm (note the spelling!) file from netscape and replace the bookmarks.html file in C:\PROGRAM FILES\K-MELEON\Profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt\bookmarks.html. Restart it and the plugin should auto-load with your existing bookmarks.

Posted by: po
Date: November 13, 2001 12:32AM

...of course, if you're an IE user, you probably don't HAVE any existing bookmarks... are you wanting to use bookmarks instead of IE-type 'favorites' in k-meleon?

Posted by: emmzee
Date: November 15, 2001 06:24AM

I don't know ... smiling smiley In K-Meleon right now there doesn't seem to be anything regarding favorites, bookmarks, or anything of the sort. I don't know how to set it up ... when I go to the plugins screen, it lists 5 plugins but none of them are favorites/bookmarks. ?????

Date: November 15, 2001 06:32AM

umm... did you check the boxes for them when you installed k-meleon?

Posted by: D'Sphitz
Date: November 15, 2001 10:00PM

go to edit->preferences and click 'plugins'. if you don't see the favorites or bookmarks plugin there you need to get it (not sure where, it's somewhere around here im sure) and copy it to the plugins directory. (or you can reinstall and check those boxes during the installation process)

Posted by: Krug
Date: November 15, 2001 10:50PM

I'm not sure if this solution is particularly elegant, and it depends on
having the previous version of K-meleon ( v 0.5 ) - but at least it works:

1.) Close K-meleon if running:

2.) Replace the new version's "c:\program files\k-meleon\kplugins\bookmarks.dll"
with the old version's import plugin.

4.) Start K-meleon and locate your current Netscape/Mozilla "bookmark.html"
when prompted.

Date: November 16, 2001 08:07AM
Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: November 18, 2001 06:11PM

Hi,

I am new to K-meleon and just installed the 0.6 version.
I replyed to the question to use Netscape bookmarks, but K-meleon insists in creating a new bookmark file, but I don't find this file.

When I look in proferences the netscape bookmark is enabled.

My questions:
What is the correct name for the bookmark file, bookmark or bookmarks?What is the correct extension htm or html?
Why doesn't the bookmark function work?, a bug? something I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Bernard

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.