General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Issue with these forums
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: July 03, 2014 02:47AM

*subject*

Every now and then, they won't load at all and I just get an error message stating that the page couldn't be loaded, etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Issue with these forums
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 03, 2014 07:03AM

Zero3K
*subject*

Every now and then, they won't load at all and I just get an error message stating that the page couldn't be loaded, etc.

Yes. From Germany it takes ages till it is loaded, often fails to accept posts, gives error if a post needs to be altered etc.

But I AFAIK we cannot do anything about it. It is the free deal here.

Posted by: Mikk
Date: July 07, 2014 02:36PM

Mhmmm, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I think this shouldn't be the reason. But unfortunately it's the fact as guenter says.

The only relevant problem I must learn to handle it is that one with the posting of the articles: I get an error message (I shouldn't have the permition to reach this server), indeed but in the background is everything all right. I must clear my Internet-cache and then go back in the browser (also for editing my articles but there is no error message here). Than I find my new posting. It would be nice if anybody can fix this bug but if not, anyway. The persistence of it is not beautiful but it's the only one technical problem I have with this whole web. In other things it works as proper as not much of other web sites on my equipment; the loadings are very fast. Also some more detail functions in the forum could be perheaps helpful but I'm afraid, if somebody starts to inovate it, the problems will the first come. People say: Never change a running system.

€dit: I think now I understand the complaint of Zero3K. I have here something new too. It's not the question of the old permanent problems. As he says, every now and then an error message "the service not available" and similar. Than it's O.K. again and than sometimes comes the error message anew. I think this doesn't lay in the range of the gift horse.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 03:18PM by Mikk.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 08, 2014 05:23PM

I think K-Meleon gets popular now - so, the load rises and some refuses begin.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.