General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Session Saver and User Agent macros for KM 74
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 25, 2014 06:12PM

These are just a couple of my macros I thought to share. They may be helpful or not depending on your needs.

sessave.kmm will give you a chance to save the last.session prior to making the choice to restart with it or not.

UserAgentII.kmm is a menu driven way to change between the default K-Meleon 74 agent and the FireFox compatible agent. It also contains a way to verify what a website will see as your user agent.

The file is a 7-Zip. Extract to your macros folder.

https://copy.com/EtEKRWyP3aTp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Session Saver and User Agent macros for KM 74
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 25, 2014 06:16PM

thx for sharing.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 25, 2014 07:33PM

I cannot claim credit for the sessave macro. I got that idea from siria - http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,127127,127372#msg-127372

I did not find siria's code posted so I did my own. I am the world's worst at searching the forum. It may be here and I just cannot find it.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 27, 2014 11:03PM

It does not change a thing now. You shared the code for 74. tongue sticking out smiley

thx to siria for the idea, also.grinning smiley

p.s. This forum contains much knowledge that cannot be found anymore. sad smiley

More than hundred thousand posts to search. To much for me also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 11:08PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 03, 2014 10:16PM

Ah but sure you can take the credit, you did all the work!! An idea alone is easy, the hard part is finishing the work ;-)

And no, my own version was never published for exactly that reason, as usual it kept growing, and growing, and growing into one of those monster macros, ever growing but never fully finished. Basically it does work for my own needs, but menus etc. are way too messy yet for other people, and meanwhile have nearly everything forgotten myself again. RIP... At least in that specific case the worst problem seems to solve itself since Dorian mentioned he'd modify the native plugin to always keep the previous session.

But a pity, why not post your work in the extensions subforum? Isn't it a lot easier to be found there if someone needs it??

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.