General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Greasemonkey-type script runner for K-meleon?
Posted by: VoidsX
Date: January 29, 2017 02:49PM

Hi,

Im liking K-meleon so far since it has most of the features I want and work well on my old system, but is there any extention similar to Greasemonkey that allows to install and run scripts for K meleon 75.1?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greasemonkey-type script runner for K-meleon?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 29, 2017 02:56PM

I am not sure about Greasemonkey, but K-Meleon has a MacroLanguage which is very powerful.

K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

Date: January 29, 2017 04:01PM

Hi,

Sorry I wasnt clear enough, Im not writing my own scripts, Im not that advanced. The thing Im looking to do most is use css styles such as from userstyles.org that for example darken webpages, Im not sure whats the easiest way this can be done?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 29, 2017 08:28PM

I am sure that I am not the best one on the forum to help you with this. I looked at the userstyles.org site and saw that for the style at which I looked, there was a view the CSS link.

Just possibly you could copy that code and insert into your profile. Go to EDIT > User-Defined Stylesheet and paste the code, and save the file.

If siria notices this thread, she knows more about this than do I.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 29, 2017 08:43PM

Not anymore, James, because the latest KM-versions (the gecko engine inside) have more restrictions for adding userstyles+scripts as older ones. Have lost track when those page-specific JS permissions appeared in macrolanguage, and since then am kinda out of the boat now. In the past would have suggested to try StyleonMini macro, but today am just leaning back and hoping for perhaps John or rodocop taking over, assuming that with all the improvements for native FF-addon support, those should be usable in KM now too??

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 29, 2017 09:31PM

Looks like userstyles.org uses Stylish, so go to this thread and follow George instructions:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131133

It is the 2.0.2 version, but the Stylish add-on changelog doesn't seem to be critical through it to the current 2.0.7.

In the other hand, as easy as would be use .css files included in the main usercontent.css (with the "@import url(sitecssfile.css);" declarations just to keep clean the file) and how people complicate things to make it automated and easy :-S

Also there is a Greasemonkey thread here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,132768

Where burp made compatible one of the latest versions or was rodocop, that he told earlier that it was compatible with K-meleon here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2017 09:33PM by JohnHell.

Date: January 31, 2017 03:54PM

Thanks john, but your Stylish 2.0.2 link downloads Fire commander 0.3.11 ... which seems to be a file manager.

Also the post mentioning the version of GM working with K-meleon installs it but I wasnt able to actually use any scripts.. not sure how that works either.

I tried installing Stylish 2.0.7 from the mozilla addons page and it actually works, just need to install styles by copying the URL into Stylish manually.

Just a suggestion but having a few core addons updated regularly would go a long way for K-meleon.

Re: Greasemonkey-type script / Stylish Addon
Posted by: siria
Date: January 31, 2017 04:25PM

VoidsX
I tried installing Stylish 2.0.7 from the mozilla addons page and it actually works, just need to install styles by copying the URL into Stylish manually.

That sounds great!
Could you (or anyone) describe this copy action a bit more in detail, for other users?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 04:26PM by siria.

Date: January 31, 2017 06:16PM

VoidsX
Thanks john, but your Stylish 2.0.2 link downloads Fire commander 0.3.11 ... which seems to be a file manager.

[...]

You just went to the last link winking smiley there are a few more in the Stylish thread. Clearly George made a mistake with the last one. I'll report to guenter to fix it.

But, anyway, if Stylish work, great.

VoidsX
Also the post mentioning the version of GM working with K-meleon installs it but I wasn't able to actually use any scripts.. not sure how that works either.

I don't use Stylish nor GM so I can't help with that. Rodocop would be the right person, but if I'm not wrong the problem with GM is that scripts can't be installed automatically, but works manually, but don't ask me how confused smiley.

I'm not an add-ons user. More a DIY user. Sorry.

VoidsX
Just a suggestion but having a few core addons updated regularly would go a long way for K-meleon.

Now, with the latest versions, any Firefox add-on that DOES NOT NEED TO INTERACT WITH THE WINDOW OR BROWSER GUI should work as Stylish did.

Have in mind that advanced users, here, can be accounted with the fingers of a hand and we can't test/use all extensions. Would be great, but we have not time or people to do it voluntary.

Join us and help. The browser is open for help in the development winking smiley

I only can say that we do our best taking our time to help others smiling smiley.

Date: January 31, 2017 07:23PM

siria
Could you (or anyone) describe this copy action a bit more in detail, for other users?

Well theress not much too it, if you go to the addons >> userstyles page which should have Stylish logo now you'l find "Install from URLs" button at the top, copying the actual webpage works, doesnt work directly from the page though.

JohnHell
Have in mind that advanced users, here, can be accounted with the fingers of a hand and we can't test/use all extensions. Would be great, but we have not time or people to do it voluntary.

Join us and help. The browser is open for help in the development winking smiley

I only can say that we do our best taking our time to help others smiling smiley.

I would if I could lol, I'm just starting to learn building web apps which is probably far away from browser develping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 07:23PM by VoidsX.

Date: January 31, 2017 07:57PM

VoidsX
JohnHell

I would if I could lol, I'm just starting to learn building web apps which is probably far away from browser develping.

Maybe I used developing as a very open meaning.

Enhancement should be more accurate. Testing add-ons and so on.

Developing is not only programming on an open project like this browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 07:57PM by JohnHell.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.