General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Problem to see videos from this site
Posted by: JamesD
Date: March 07, 2017 02:25PM

Maybe this will help. The code works, but I am not so good on pictures. A better one is needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xezq0simqwgvnkm/Flash%20Activate%20Plugin.zip?dl=0

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: March 08, 2017 09:55AM

Thx a lot, JamesD

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 08, 2017 06:11PM

JamesD
but I am not so good on pictures. A better one is needed.

They are fine, but just for fun, I redraw a couple of adapted from FlashBlock icon.

One in PNG+alpha format, BMP+magenta the other, just in case one or the other transparency doesn't look fine.

1st could be enabled, 2nd ask, 3rd disabled.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m1yxyl87oc4p1l9/flashB.zip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 06:11PM by JohnHell.

Date: March 09, 2017 07:19PM

JohnHell

Great icons! Thanks.

JohnHell

Do you wish for me to amend macro to include the "ask" possibility? If so, what shall I use for HOT? Perhaps the HOT could just be a blank.

Date: March 09, 2017 11:38PM

JamesD
JohnHell

Great icons! Thanks.

JohnHell

Do you wish for me to amend macro to include the "ask" possibility? If so, what shall I use for HOT? Perhaps the HOT could just be a blank.

Asking me now that makes me think I went too far. I just "copied" the style of your image making the assumption that there were 3 states to toggle to (the dead, usually isn't used) as I didn't dig in the macro code (my bad ).

Also, it was told in the thread that ask had the same results for video loading as always active.

So I think we better leave the macro as is and you decide just the icons color.

Unless a toolbar button image can be changed dynamically. Can be that possible. I'm not used to create toolbar icons. I created them a couple of times and to be fair I still have problems with them.

Date: March 10, 2017 05:20PM

Yesterday night I tested a little about this, and if I didn't make anything wrong with setcmdicon, menu icons and toolbars icons, can't be changed dynamically so, as said in my last post, just choose the couple of icons that better fit to the functions from your point of view winking smiley

Date: March 10, 2017 08:03PM

JohnHell

Sorry to be so slow, but sometimes life gets in the way of computing.

Not sure what you mean by "changed dynamically", but here is what I have done. The HOT image is what you see when the cursor is on the icon/button. The COLD image is what you see when cursor is not on the icon/button. The DEAD image is what you see when the cursor is not on the icon/button and the button is not active. I have rarely used DEAD.

In the macro for fa_flag, I change the image which is for COLD if the user presses the button. If the shows gold and the uses presses the button, I have the macro change the icon assigned COLD to red and toggle the pref for the plugin. I have also added more information to the tooltip. The tooltip shows when the cursor hovers over the button and HOT color is light grey.

I do not know if this is the "correct" way to do this, but it is my way and I think most users don't care about the method. They only want the method to work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6qi1jql6w3mv4r/Flash%20Activate%20Plugin%282%29.zip?dl=0

Date: March 10, 2017 10:20PM

JamesD
JohnHell

Sorry to be so slow, but sometimes life gets in the way of computing.

Not sure what you mean by "changed dynamically", but here is what I have done. The HOT image is what you see when the cursor is on the icon/button. The COLD image is what you see when cursor is not on the icon/button. The DEAD image is what you see when the cursor is not on the icon/button and the button is not active. I have rarely used DEAD.

In the macro for fa_flag, I change the image which is for COLD if the user presses the button. If the shows gold and the uses presses the button, I have the macro change the icon assigned COLD to red and toggle the pref for the plugin. I have also added more information to the tooltip. The tooltip shows when the cursor hovers over the button and HOT color is light grey.

I do not know if this is the "correct" way to do this, but it is my way and I think most users don't care about the method. They only want the method to work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6qi1jql6w3mv4r/Flash%20Activate%20Plugin%282%29.zip?dl=1

I'm not used to the toolbars via macro language so I'm not the best to say which method is best. I create a toolbar via toolbars.cfg and I reuse code from the ancient 0.8x where I don't need to use anything else but this command:

pluginmsg(toolbars, "CheckButton", "<ToolbarName>, <ButtonID>, [0|1]");

One way or another, the checkbutton is missing in the macro. I don't know if it is intentional. I don't use that setbuttonimage. And I don't know, but I think it doesn't work for me on 75.0 I tested with another macro and doesn't work :-?

I don't know, I'm not the best to tell what is wrong here.

I think the setbuttonimage can only be set at setup time, not when toggling.

But the macro functionality works.

Anyway, I also fixed some pixels in the FlashB.bmp file. I didn't see the first time, but the red colored had some grey pixels that shouldn't be there:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3qbw17ut4cbfh5/flashB.bmp

Posted by: siria
Date: March 11, 2017 12:22AM

@John Haven't tested again now but both methods (old+new) should work equally in modern KM, since KM75.0
Actually James did use the old syntax here too, the same as yours, just with action SetButtonImage instead of CheckButton. It could be as simple as your line, the statusbar message is just a goodie for the user, and the rest are just variables, not a syntax-requirement.

"checkbutton" creates that "pressed" look of buttons, with a gray checkered background. Some people prefer to avoid this, finding it ugly, and it may be true that instead exchanging the "cold" image looks a tad more elegant ;-) Was used a few times in older macros already, fully intentional.

Date: March 11, 2017 01:55PM

JohnHell

I used the method using the pluginmsg(toolbars) so that I could put everything a user needs into a 7z file. Your method can work, but I would have to explain to users all the steps that you do to set it up. With the 7z file all the user needs to do is extract to KM root.

If you extract my 7z to KM root, does it work for you?

siria

Does my 7z work for you?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 11, 2017 04:20PM

I found that new toolbar system has some prerequisites to be used from macros with new commands.

I tried to create toolbar by 'addtoolbar' but fail (it seems you need only new skins to accept this command, but cannot figure out what is the key).
It seems like JamesD also failed in this.

So I also create toolbars using old good 'pluginmsg' - but now such a toolbar has problems accepting 'setcmdicon' and I had to use 'setbuttonimg' instead.

It would be great if someone will figure out all the details of how to use both systems from macros.

Date: March 11, 2017 05:03PM

Oh, so you must use the new skin!!! I use the old because the new didn't work with transparencies under Windows 2000.

I'm going to test right now because I need to understand what is happening.

Forget the following test, I was setting more " then needed.

For example, I'm using with an old personal macro this "pluginmsg(toolbars, "SetButtonImage", "<ToolbarName>, <ButtonID>, [HOT|COLD|DEAD], Path/to/new/image.bmp[0]");" and now I'm receiving an error about 3 expected arguments instead the 6 must be input, but is what docs says.

Testing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 05:32PM by JohnHell.

Date: March 11, 2017 05:38PM

NOTE: @JamesD, @siria, @rodocop : I know that you make these things through these commands to help users installing extension, I'm just saying that it wasn't working for me. Below is detailed what was happening.

Still not working correctly, new or old skin.

What happens is that if a button in a toolbar has already an icon (it doesn't matter if set through toolbars.cfg, or pluginmsg toolbar setbuttonimage, or skins.cfg), when the icon is changed, it is changed but... not as it should. What it does is take the default.ico icon from the skin (the one that is shown in the URL bar when you visit a page without a favicon).

For example, if a button has a squared icon and you change it to a circle, it changes, but the image shown isn't the new circle, but a circle icon with the default.ico image clipped inside.

I think this might be system specific if it works for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 05:44PM by JohnHell.

Re: Problem to see videos / macro flash button
Date: March 11, 2017 05:47PM

Sorry James don't know if it works for me, would first have to dig up again my 'modern' computer :cool:
But if you say it works on yours then obviously the macro itself should be okay.

Regarding the new button-commands, must admit have no hurry to study them in detail yet, preferring my macros to work cross-version if possible.

No idea if it helps, just links from my notes:

OLD: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/PluginCommands
NEW: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/wiki/macrolanguage2#toolbars

NEW:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,132229,132317#msg-132317
Dorian
Date: February 22, 2015 02:38AM
You will have to change it again because I think I'll change the syntax

Use the whole image:
setcmdicon("command", "image.png");

Extract icon in horizontal image, can have second and third line for hot and dead:
setcmdicon("command", "image.png[1,16,16]");

Extract based on coordinate (top, right, bottom, left)
setcmdicon("command", "image.png[0,16,16,0]", "image.png[0,32,16,16]"), "image2.png[16,48,32,32]")winking smiley;

And also, equivalent to old SetButtonImage plugin msg:
setbuttonicon("toolbar", "command", "cold", "hot", "dead");
For one button only and custom sized toolbar.

PS:
still using the 'old' method, IIRC this did work for me (on both systems?) back when working at the proxtog2 macro, still contained today as comment:

# _ProxTog2_syncIcon{
# $_type==0 ? $_icon="COLD, ProxyTog.bmp[2]" : $_icon="COLD, ProxyTog.bmp[0]";
# pluginmsg(toolbars, "SetButtonImage", $_ProxTog2_Toolbar.",".$_ProxTog2_Command.",".$_icon);
# }

PS2:
COLD + HOT have switched positions:
NEW: setbuttonimg( TOOLBAR_NAME, COMMAND, COLD[, HOT[, DEAD]] );
OLD: pluginmsg(toolbars, "SetButtonImage", "<ToolbarName>, <ButtonID>, [HOT|COLD|DEAD], Path/to/new/image.bmp[0]");

PS3: John don't hit me, but is the icon in the right folder, or perhaps the extension is different..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 06:17PM by siria.

Date: March 11, 2017 06:09PM

Found another old note for the NEW system:

EXAMPLE (meanwhile outdated??)
getpref(BOOL,$ABP7_Enabled) ? $_z="0" : $_z="1";
setbuttonimg($ABP7_name,"macros(ABP7_Toggle)","adblockplus.bmp[".$_z.",16,16]","adblockplus.bmp[0,16,16]");
==> the new KM75 commands generally need ALL states, not possible to change only COLD!
Even if old command "setbuttonimage" is used for "cold", it always changes ALL states (was a bug, perhaps fixed in 75.1?)

Date: March 11, 2017 06:23PM

The problem is KM version 75.0

I loaded Dorian's 75.0 and put my files there. They did not work with default skin. I am using Win 10 ops sys.

I went back to try to see if any items showed up in error console. I took three clicks before the tooltips and statusbar stuff showed up. Maybe I did not get the cursor right on the icon for some clicks.

It does work with the KM 75.0 SOMETIMES

I think 75.0 was very odd about when a click would work. I cannot get consistent results with repeated clicks.

Does the operating system make a difference? I only have win 10 machines now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 06:40PM by JamesD.

Date: March 11, 2017 06:40PM

JamesD
The problem is KM version 75.0

I loaded Dorian's 75.0 and put my files there. They did not work with default skin. I am using Win 10 ops sys.

Then, problem solved winking smiley EDIT: but might be system specific or version specific. If it does under windows 10, it might happen to all versions.

I don't hit anyone, @siria winking smiley the extension and filename were fine.

I was using the old pluginmsg(toolbar, "setbuttonimage", ""); as JamesD.

To show you what happens I post an screenshot:

When changed, the new icon (the shape) clips another image (default.ico but this times looks other).

BTW, do you see how far we went when I only made a new image for the button? LOL

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 06:46PM by JohnHell.

Date: March 12, 2017 04:41PM

I have a new macro using the newer methods. This is for testing only right now.

I think I have a problem either with my macro or the macrolanguage. What is the order of images in a strip? I am having some trouble with the setcmdicon or checkbutton statements. I wrote the macrolanguage2 so I may have made an error. There is code which can be used with the check.png image which Dorian included in the shared folder of skins.

fa2_flag.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# ---------- fa2_flag.kmm
# ---------- Allow user to set the status of "plugin.state.flash" between always and never.
# ---------- The "ask before" option is not addressed here 
#
# Dependencies        : main.kmm
# Reference           : "http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,140996";
# Resources           :  flashB.png
# Preferences         : "plugin.state.flash"
# Version             : 2.2  2017_03_12 
# Author              : JamesD
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_fa2_flag_RunCode {
 $_fa2_flag_TTip = "Flip Flash activate between\n  Always (green) / Never (red)";
 addtoolbar("fa2_flag") ;
 addbutton("fa2_flag", "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", "fa2_flag", $_fa2_flag_TTip);
 #setcmdicon( "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", "check.png" );
 setcmdicon( "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", "flashB.png[2,16,16]", "flashB.png[1,16,16]" );
 macros("_fa2_flag_Button_Sync");
 }

_fa2_flag_Button_Sync { 
 ## ---  SYNC BUTTON TO PREF   --- ##
 $_F2AF_Current = getpref( INT, "plugin.state.flash");
 $_F2AF_Return = checkbutton( "fa2_flag", "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", $_F2AF_Current ) ;
}

_fa2_flag_Toggle {
togglepref( INT, "plugin.state.flash", 0,2);
macros("_fa2_flag_Button_Sync");
if ($_F2AF_Current == 2 ) {
    statusbar( "Flash activate is ALWAYS. " .$_F2AF_Current );
    #statusbar( "Flash activate is ALWAYS." );
	} else {
	statusbar( "Flash activate is NEVER. " .$_F2AF_Current );
    #statusbar( "Flash activate is NEVER." );
	}
}

#------------------------------------------------------------------
$OnSetup=$OnSetup."_fa2_flag_RunCode;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."fa2_flag;";

Date: March 12, 2017 05:12PM

macrolanguage / checkbutton:
didn't test, but just as example, this is what Dorians native proxy macro in KM76 uses:
checkbutton("&Privacy Bar", "macros(Proxy_Toggle)", getpref(INT,$_Proxy_Type) == 0 ? true : false);

Your macro toggles "plugin.state.flash" between 0/2 and gives this to checkbutton, which only understands true/false (or guess 1/0 works the same, but hardly 2)

addbutton: pos.3 is a menu acc. to wiki. The called one doesn't exist

Date: March 12, 2017 05:28PM

JamesD
What is the order of images in a strip?

What do you mean?. Images in a strip can be drawn in your preferred order. You can even have flashB.bmp[8] for cold and flasB.bmp[1] for hot and even flashB.bmp[25565] for dead if your skin image is that large.

And I never tried, but probably is also possible to have different sizes in an image, if you manage to select them by [number, size-x, size-y] (or [number, size-y, size-x]). But I'm not going to complicate things that way... (and, please, don't even try tongue sticking out smiley it is just hard enough).

JamesD
 $_F2AF_Return = checkbutton( "fa2_flag", "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", $_F2AF_Current ) ;

The macro works. The only thing that you can avoid is the allocation of checkbutton to a variable. There is no need for this command. This is a run command without a return.

Forgive me, it has, ouch, but there is no need now... You aren't using it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 05:33PM by JohnHell.

Date: March 12, 2017 08:54PM

JohnHell

I did not mean to complain about your images. I seem to have a problem between setcmdicon and checkbutton. I am trying to work it out.

siria

Good catch! I made a problem for myself there. I was trying to get the macro coded to match the states for the pref.

siria
Does it work if you use "about:config" to toggle "plugin.state.flash" between 0 (=off) and 2 (=on) or 1 (=ask)?

This is the change that I made so that "2" could be a value for the pref, yet keep "1" (true) as a value for checkbutton.

_fa2_flag_Button_Sync { 
 ## ---  SYNC BUTTON TO PREF   --- ##
 $_F2AF_Current = getpref( INT, "plugin.state.flash");
 $_F2AF_Current== 0 ? $__v = 0 : $__v = 1 ; 
 $_F2AF_Return = checkbutton( "fa2_flag", "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", $__v ) ;
}

Does anyone know for sure if the images in a strip such as flashB.png start a zero or one. JohnHell's image has grey, gold, red in that order.

setcmdicon( "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", "flashB.png[1,16,16]", "flashB.png[2,16,16]" );

Date: March 12, 2017 09:44PM

JamesD

Does anyone know for sure if the images in a strip such as flashB.png start a zero or one. JohnHell's image has grey, gold, red in that order.

setcmdicon( "macros(_fa2_flag_Toggle)", "flashB.png[1,16,16]", "flashB.png[2,16,16]" );

Yes, they always start with 0. With old skins, new skins or commands.

That is what I was asking, what did you mean by "order" winking smiley

I think I got misunderstood above smiling smiley

Date: March 12, 2017 09:59PM

Good. They always start with 0.

Now to my problem. From the documentation::

checkbutton( TOOLBAR NAME, BUTTON id, VALUE ) ;

true (1) The button's hot image is displayed checked.
false (0) The button's cold image is displayed normally.

If gold is cold and red is hot, should not the red (HOT) image be checked when the value is 1 (true)? I get the gold image at the right time, but it is checked.

I wrote the documentation. Did I mess up that bit?

Have tested in 76RC2. Maybe I should make sure same thing happens in 75 and 75.1 versions.

Date: March 12, 2017 10:02PM

I think only ONE parameter toggles with VALUE - the image shown when checked.

So it should be like:
false (0) The button's cold image is displayed checked.

I was wrong: VALUE changes only checked state, not image. JohnHell already wrote right procedure below and siria - the right description.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 10:41PM by rodocop.

Date: March 12, 2017 10:02PM

Just remembered something...
Dorians check.png is not horizontal, but vertical. If I recall correctly, this means there are no numbers needed anymore, if called by the "new" commands... Nevertheless, IF numbers are used and together with the size, horizontal ones should still work too (in theory)...

PS: did you convert the flashB.bmp to flash.png for testing the new macro? Typo, or intentional and necessary? Cannot test myself that newfangled stuff on my main machine :cool:

Date: March 12, 2017 10:10PM

siria,

1) horizontal dimension (the only one in old skinning system) is for storing different ICONS in one picture file

2) vertical dimension (added in new skinning system) stores different STATES for icons in next order:
COLD 
HOT 
DEAD

Date: March 12, 2017 10:19PM

@James: I think you have the wiki right, but check again your setcmdicon-line. The 1-liner you just posted is different from the one in the complete fa2-macro further up...

@rodocop: there's a little misunderstanding what checkbutton does:
firing it with 1 means "press that button down NOW and keep it looking pressed, showing the HOT image."
firing it with 0 means "show that button UNpressed and with the COLD image."
That's very different from the "general" setting for hot and cold images.
And yes, horizontal is for different icons, and in the old language this was a popular way to get different ones for hot+cold in little macros.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 10:28PM by siria.

Date: March 12, 2017 10:21PM

siria
PS: did you convert the flashB.bmp to flash.png for testing the new macro? Typo, or intentional and necessary? Cannot test myself that newfangled stuff on my main machine :cool:

I uploaded both formats (then I posted the bmp alone with pixels fixed).

I think you both are getting confused by the value returned. It is only said that a value is returned if the button is already checked.

In other words. To be sure the button is checked, you can check the returned value.

false (0) The button's cold image is displayed normally.

So, if after checkbutton command, the button gets checked, you will have the value true or 1; but if you call the checkbutton command again, the button will be unchecked, so you will have a value of false or 0 returned.

What can you do with that?

If we have:

$x = checkbutton(toolbar, button, ValueThatFiresIt);

And after that, the value that fires the state change makes the button become checked, you'll have that X = to 1.

With X = 1:
if($x == 1){
    setbuttonimg(toolbar, command, NewImage);
}else{
    setbuttonimg(toolbar, command, image for unchecked);
}

If by any chance you have the image set with 2 icons and 0 and 1 match (I haven't tested), maybe you can do something like:
    setbuttonimg(toolbar, command, NewImage[.$x.,16,16]);

rodocop
2) vertical dimension (added in new skinning system) stores different STATES for icons in next order:
COLD 
HOT 
DEAD

Thanks for refreshing it rodocop.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 10:25PM by JohnHell.

Date: March 12, 2017 10:43PM

(Having fun with all being here at the same time grinning smiley)

Actually John I just think what you posted above already, the allocation of checkbutton to a variable makes no sense here, because it's not used by the macro afterwards.
This possibility is probably just meant for special cases.

Date: March 12, 2017 10:44PM

siria
@rodocop: there's a little misunderstanding what checkbutton does:
firing it with 1 means "press that button down NOW and keep it looking pressed, showing the HOT image."
firing it with 0 means "show that button UNpressed and with the COLD image."
That's very different from the "general" setting for hot and cold images.
And yes, horizontal is for different icons, and in the old language this was a popular way to get different ones for hot+cold in little macros.

The best way to fix all misunderstandings is to differ 'hot-cold image' paradigm from 'checked-unchecked image'.

It would be good the macrolanguage to introduce such a pair or parameters ('checked-unchecked' or maybe 'true-false') for images in some way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 10:45PM by rodocop.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.