General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
auto complete forms
Posted by: Linus
Date: October 04, 2014 09:04PM

How do I turn on form auto completion, please?

IIRC it used to be on by default. I don't remember I've had eneble it before and I can't find where to do so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: auto complete forms
Date: October 04, 2014 09:05PM

Sorry, need new glasses. Should be:
I don't remember I've had to enable it before and I can't find where to do so.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 05, 2014 02:13AM

Open URL about:config. Type "form". Looks like it is enabled by default: browser.formfill.enable;true and signon.autofillForms;true

Date: October 05, 2014 03:24PM

Thank you. They are indeed both set to true, but k-mel does not remeber...

Same with login details. I have to type them each time. Could there be some overall setting that affects both?

Date: October 05, 2014 04:50PM

Linus
Thank you. They are indeed both set to true, but k-mel does not remeber...

Same with login details. I have to type them each time. Could there be some overall setting that affects both?

None that I know. None by default.

Check in Privacy Passwors whether the data were written to HDD.
If not grant writting ridght to the profile.

Some pages like banks do not want Loggin data reused. E.g. Deutsche Bank.

RememberPass Firfox addon

https://www.google.com/search?client=kmeleon&q=rememberpass&gws_rd=ssl

can be installed in K-Meleon 74.

RememberPassAuthor
RememberPass is a Firefox/Firefox Mobile Addon to force browser to remember password even website disable it by default. It's done by set autocomplete to "on" where it's "off".

You can let it automatically make the change or use the menu to force remember pass where needed.

**It does work for some site but doesn't on some others.**

The firefox menu based items do not work off course.
The rest should work. No script errors in Console2.

The addon did not help me with any of my problem sites.

So no idea whether it works at all. Maybe try for Your problem sites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2014 04:52PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 05, 2014 07:33PM

There is an overall setting, but guess it's switched on by default, so can't really be the culprit?
Anyway, it's in F2>Privacy "Remember Login Data"
And in F2>K-Meleon Plugins: Login-Manager

Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 05, 2014 10:47PM

Autocomplete form doesn't work with K-Meleon 74 but that's fixed in the development release using gecko 31

Date: October 05, 2014 10:54PM

@siria Both those options are checked.

@guenter I don't know where to find that and how to do that. But when I use the password viewer (from the Tools menu) the passwords are there.

Date: October 06, 2014 06:14PM

Linus
@guenter I don't know where to find that and how to do that. But when I use the password viewer (from the Tools menu) the passwords are there.

Sorry for nad answer.

I meant that. Sorry my English is not so good and I use a German version.

Dorian's answer explained why it does not work even with the Firefox addon. grinning smiley

It is not the sites but a 74 K-Meleon bug. I honestly did not know.

Date: October 09, 2014 02:36AM

Thank you Dorian. Glad it isn't just me! :drool:
And sorry for not noticing your post yesterday. I was probably typing mine as you posted.

The login problem whent away after a night's rest for the PC and k-mel, i.e. rebooting.

But now I have another problem related to logging in. Once I leave a site I'm logged in to, for example a forum, I'm no longer logged in when I come back. K-mel must do something to the cookie the forum sets to keep me logged in.

Maybe I should start a new thread for this other problem that also started to appear just a while ago, but I think it's related. I can't login at some sites at all. I'm locked out from at least 3 different sites. One is my bank, the others are two different book shops.

The URL in the addressbar changes to that of the page I should go to when I log in (checked with other browser) but I am not logged in and remain on the login page. Could this all be a cookie problem? I assume the site sets a cookie when I login but it is somehow not working in k-mel?

I don't understand **** of this!

Posted by: siria
Date: October 09, 2014 09:14AM

Check the cookie settings. Are here: F2 (Edit Preferences) >Privacy

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 09, 2014 12:46PM

Linus
The URL in the addressbar changes to that of the page I should go to when I log in (checked with other browser) but I am not logged in and remain on the login page. Could this all be a cookie problem? I assume the site sets a cookie when I login but it is somehow not working in k-mel?

It is a cookie setting. I do mine in the following manner and I can remain logged in on the forum.

In F2 preferences, go to Privacy & Security and set values (checked boxes) this way.

Accept cookies should be 'Always'.

Keep cookies should be 'Until the end of session'.

Make sure you are looking at the forum and then click on the button below Accept cookies which has the label 'Exceptions'. That will bring up the 'Cookies permissions' panel. Copy the forum's URL from the URL bar and paste it into the input line in the permissions panel. Then press the 'Allow' button which is on the next line below the input line. That will authorize the cookies from kmeleon.sourceforge.net to remain after the session end.

Remember that if you run multiple versions of KM, as I do, the correct cookie is only on this KM. If you wish to use the forum with another KM, you must log off in the first KM before going to the second.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.