General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Will Flipboard.com work with K-Meleon?
Posted by: msea
Date: April 11, 2017 05:07PM

I've got NPSWF32_25_0_0_148.dll in a plugins folder. Not sure if Flipboard.com uses flash or not but I'm just getting a blank page (Win XP 512 RAM). Flipboard works on same computer with Firefox portable. So I'm thinking I should be able to get it in K Meleon..?

Any suggestions welcome.

- edit - updated flash plugin but same blank screen :O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 05:20PM by msea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will Flipboard.com work with K-Meleon?
Posted by: Yogi
Date: April 11, 2017 05:57PM

You don't need flash to view Flipboard.com.
I've tested Flipboard.com with K-Meleon 76RC2 on Win7 and it works.
With K-Meleon 75.1 I also got only a blank page.

Date: April 11, 2017 06:32PM

Thank you so much. It's working great with WinXp.. faster than firefox 38 and easy to switch images on and off. Much appreciated.

I like this browser. Am wondering if it's easy to import bookmarks and other browser settings from 75.1 to 76RC2?

Posted by: Yogi
Date: April 11, 2017 07:05PM

You can copy your bookmarks.html from the old "Profiles" subfolder into the new one.
For a complete migration of all settings, maybe someone else can give you better advises than me, since excepting for bookmarks.html, (my own) user.js and (my own) search.xml, I prefer always a clean install for new major releases.

Date: April 11, 2017 08:04PM

Thank you. I was tempted to try by trial and error but thought I might mess it up. I will try the items you suggest and nothing more. Makes sense, since they are different version #s... not to just copy the entire folder! smiling smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: April 11, 2017 08:56PM

You can always test with separate parallel profiles, not just one.
Edit > Manage Profiles > Ask at startup
Then at next startup click on New Profile.
Find the folder by clicking on Edit > Configuration > Profile directory.
Then just copy over the whole contents of your old profile and restart.
No danger - if there's any prob, just choose the first (clean) profile again after another restart.

Date: April 11, 2017 10:27PM

Thanks for the tip. Because this particular machine is only 512mb ram I'm really trying to keep this installation as light as possible. I have another old computer that has about 1.5 gb ram. I plan to use this newer browser on it too. So maybe I'll give it a try then!

I spent a little time and got the 512 computer set up nicely. Once again... K-Meleon helps me to recycle instead of buying overpriced hardware! smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.