General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Streamlining news and tweets
Posted by: msea
Date: September 22, 2017 06:15PM

After a few days of trying out all sorts of RSS solutions, I came across NewsFox which for me is the best app or add-on I've tried.

But I haven't been able to find an easy Share on Twitter add-on for K-Meleon... like this https://browsernative.com/share-on-twitter/

Any suggestions? I'm not a coder so it has to be simple. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Streamlining news and tweets
Posted by: siria
Date: September 22, 2017 07:07PM

If a little macro would be okay for you, it could use the method described here:
https://petermahoney.net/make-a-share-on-twitter-link-with-url-and-hashtags/

Just not sure if special characters would have to be tweaked first, and which and how exactly, but the basic structure itself would be quite easy. Worth trying or not?

Update:
after playing a bit with URL-strings, it looks like everything always can simply be called as "text". The edit field shows all as text-only too, but automatically recognizes URLs and hashtags anyway. Only the & and # in URLs must be replaced with %-codes or they get cropped there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2017 08:39PM by siria.

Date: September 23, 2017 12:25AM

Thanks I didn't really understand how to implement the link you gave. But it looks perfect. However, the very word "macro" got me searching and I found this, which is good.

Web Bookmark | Web Bookmark Plus

at http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext4.htm

The other method is to use "Send Page as Link" to tweet@tweetymail.com, which gives heading and link.

But I am glad that I found a button to click. I will copy and paste the text I want to tweet into the pane: Web Bookmark Plus does the url. (edit- this is with right click... left clicking the icon does both text and url)

Thanks for getting me going on this! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 01:48AM by msea.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 23, 2017 12:29AM

My offer is just to use bookmarklet like this one.

Also it can be easily wrapped by km-macro (I'll create it later)

Date: September 23, 2017 12:42AM

Cool that would be nice to try. Btw, I just tried aforementioned macro again and it posted article title and shortened url. So for now I am very happy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 12:42AM by msea.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 23, 2017 07:50AM

msea
Thanks I didn't really understand how to implement the link you gave. But it looks perfect. However, the very word "macro" got me searching and (...)

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my link was only to explain which method a future little macro could possibly use. But that macro itself would be written by me or others here, not yourself of course, and only if there's a need for it. But I see it's not, there are already other methods, fine smiling smiley

Date: September 23, 2017 02:59PM

Oh I see. well, even though I couldn't write the code, I find it interesting to see some of the underlying logic as indicated at that web site. And as I say, it got me thinking about macros, which I then figured out. So it's all good. Any replies are always appreciated.

K-Meleon is enabling me to get more life out of an old laptop with only 512mb ram and an AMD sempron processor. I have to strip away all the fat or else it just doesn't do anything! smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.