General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Really Good Browser
Posted by: Silver347
Date: October 07, 2017 10:01PM

I must say K-Meleon is probably fair and it could be even compared to Mozilla-Chrome-Edge browsers and it even uses way less CPU AND RAM usage,the best features are here and you can disable most of them for even smoother experience I felt in love with this browser cause its so different than many other browsers I tried SeaMonkey which could be almost compared to K-Meleon but It does have this old 2005-2008 style which I used to love and I do I have to say how these days its really difficult to program in Java language,but this browser beats the odds its good the best playback algorithm on Youtube and even gaming on this is pretty damn well anyways I wish luck to the makers of this browser cause it made my pc soo fresh on my Latitude D620 which is pretty outdated laptop from 2009 in comparison to lets say Microsofts Surface laptops,but again thanks for reading and I wish a lot of support ill definetly recommend this browser to my friend and even my family thank you K-Meleon team.

P.S I managed to fix my problem with launching K-Meleon i just had to instal VS2005
Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Really Good Browser
Posted by: callahan
Date: October 08, 2017 10:31AM

This post should probably be moved to the K-Meleon General forum.

Re: Really Good Browser / VS2005
Posted by: siria
Date: October 08, 2017 11:51AM

It's great to see such encouraging posts occasionally, but such a pity the main developer shows up only very rarely in the forum, sigh.
So, just a warm Thank You from a fellow KM fan smiling smiley

Just curious, what's this with VS2005? For which KM version - 75.1 or 76RC? What happens without it, and which Win OS versions do not contain it natively yet?
On the download page it's only mentioned as hint for KM1.6, but if all newer versions need it as well, it should better be mentioned on top.

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 11:53AM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.