General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Plugin Question
Posted by: Brian
Date: November 16, 2001 10:51PM

Is it possible to enable one of the bookmarks/favorites plugins after installation? I disabled it as I thought it was simply an importer... now I don't have any bookmarks/favorites whatsoever. Any ideas?

Also, how about a list of what all the enabled plugins do? Like, what's a rebar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plugin Question
Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 16, 2001 11:03PM
Posted by: teasy
Date: November 16, 2001 11:05PM

Try to activate the Bookmark or Favorite-Plugin under Edit-Preferences-Plugins.

Do´nt forget to exit all Kmeleon-windows AND the loader after making the changes. After this start Kmeleon again (without stopping all Kmeleon-tasks the changes are not taking any effekt !).

cu
teasy

Date: November 17, 2001 12:29AM

That's the problem, they dont't show up under the plugins menu sad smiley I don't think they got installed, or something. Any place to download them so I can drop them in?

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: November 17, 2001 04:30AM

If you have them,like most of us have,just look for the plugin folder of whatever you want,Copy,and then Paste in the plugin folder of Kmeleon.It works with all Netscape and Mozillas including dailies.

Posted by: po
Date: November 17, 2001 04:54AM

might have a look at this thread (the end of it, mostly) and see if that might be the problem:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=3&i=1191&t=1191

Posted by: Myen
Date: November 17, 2001 08:53AM

Hmm, under (installed dir)\kplugins, do you see favorites.dll and/or bookmarks.dll? (I think that's what they're called). If you see other dlls but not those, yuo probably chose not to installed them, and they were never copied over. Try backing up your profiles and reinstalling over or something. Or perhaps just see if they're around the site somewhere.

Posted by: po
Date: November 17, 2001 09:14AM

i think it was mentioned (i'll be damned if i can remember in which thread) that within the next few days, new versions of these plugins would be made available, free of certain unwanted dependencies... keep an eye out.

Date: November 19, 2001 08:19AM

Thanks, I had to reinstall because they never got copied. I appreciate all the help.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.