General discussion about K-Meleon 
Useragents KM76
Posted by: J.G.
Date: December 27, 2017 10:13PM

roytam1
Kamaleón
Hi there,
If Goanna based K-Meleon's user agent string is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.4 Firefox/52.9 K-Meleon/76.0
then I would like to suggest a chance to:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 Goanna/3.4 K-Meleon/76.0
as some websites look for Gecko/20100101 next to Firefox/xx.x.
Best regards.

You can always overriding it in about:config general.useragent.override entry.

I can't found general.usearagent.override at KM-Goanna 17.1223.
Should I create the entry myself? :s

(Edit: split thread, adjusted title)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 01:59PM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [TEST BUILD] K-Meleon 76 on Goanna 3.4.1 (Build 20171223) / 3x ADBLOCK
Posted by: callahan
Date: December 27, 2017 10:25PM

I couldn't find it either when I looked for it in the last week or two but when I put ... 'general.useragent.override' in the top search bar of 'about:config' ... it shows up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2017 10:26PM by callahan.

Date: December 27, 2017 10:30PM

callahan
I couldn't find it either when I looked for it in the last week or two but when I put ... 'general.useragent.override' in the top search bar of 'about:config' ... it shows up.

I tried your suggestion, but it still can't be found. :s

Posted by: roytam1
Date: December 27, 2017 11:05PM

J.G.
callahan

in about:config
right-click and choose "New" -> "String"
name = general.useragent.override
value = your desired user agent string

Date: December 27, 2017 11:22PM

roytam1
J.G.
callahan

@Roytam1, thank you very much it worked like a charm! grinning smiley

Re: Useragents KM76
Posted by: siria
Date: December 28, 2017 03:20AM

roytam1
J.G.
callahan

Yep, and in older KM-versions there was a macro already included for this, much handier.

If anyone is interested, there's my 'slightly' extended macro version 2018 with lots of babysitting text as JohnHell would put it :cool: (PS: where are you, all ok??)

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,143898

Meanwhile the help-novels are partly outdated already (older KM75+ versions probably CAN handle site exceptions too, if user does a little omni.ja hack, and also learned tricks for KM-PRO), and there's a little typo when resetting the dragon-warning again, but that's no prob and the macro is fully functional.

Much worse is, have now unfortunately discovered a peculiarity since KM76 (both gecko+goanna):
Viewing the current UA by using JS to get "navigator.userAgent" doesn't work instantly anymore, it still shows the old (now wrong) value until a page reload sad smiley

Now am not sure what to do about it... on one hand could get the override-pref directly, but if the current setting is default that wouldn't help, and there's also the combination with compatmodes and the site exceptions, sigh...
Until KM75.1 the switch was always reflected instantly by this JS function.

Posted by: callahan
Date: December 28, 2017 08:18AM

J.G. ... maybe that is what I also did ... added it myself. I can't exactly remember, sorry for the misleading information earlier.

I was fooling around with 'user agents' two weeks ago.

All is well.

Date: December 29, 2017 02:11PM

Posts below copied from the Goanna-thread, was offtopic there and growing too much.
Please remember to update the subject line when quoting something

ORIGINAL from here:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,143253,144397#msg-144397

Posted by: Yogi
Date: December 29, 2017 11:47AM

Is it possible to make the browser getting the value of the general.oscpu.override preference instead of the true platform?
Test
The faked OS in the UA string will be revealed by navigator.oscpu. (with scripting enabled)

Date: December 29, 2017 12:53PM

J.G.
Yogi
Is it possible to make the browser getting the value of the general.oscpu.override preference instead of the true platform?
Test
The faked OS in the UA string will be revealed by navigator.oscpu. (with scripting enabled)

navigator.appMinorVersion: Property is not supported! navigator.appMinorVersion is not a string. It's a undefined
navigator.oscpu: Windows NT 6.2; WOW64 >> NT 10.0 expected
navigator.securityPolicy: Property is not supported! navigator.securityPolicy is not a string. It's a undefined
:O

Posted by: hermes
Date: December 29, 2017 01:01PM

hermes
siria
XP SP2 HOWTO by Hermes and rodocop:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,143253,143904#msg-143904
(and some more postings with details)

@hermes/rodocop
Guess this a separate thread would be good?
Which could be linked perhaps from the wiki or download page too?

@siria
I suggest to also on first page of topic (as link). I think, for many people this will be useful. Although maybe and theme. Don't know what's best. Also kit specially at request of a soccerfan
( http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,143253,143937#msg-143937 ). Also a useful note about Win2K. If rodocop will find time, perhaps translates here idea of a run 76x line on Win9x platform (I described it on Russian forum 2016/07/16). Also experimentation with minimal configuration to run a KM (on XP) is 28 MB of RAM.

@smallhagrid
If you review conference as a whole, you can find a lot of useful details. For example, how to run it on Win2k. You can also run current browser assembly with any service packs of XP (or without all). Previously I was able to run 76RC in the environment of Win98 (not exactly native, but still).

@Yogi
This can be done using injectJS. In Opera (12.x) this was done with a simple script.
Or in a HEX editor.

Or... more simpler general.oscpu.override as Win32 (as example : )

You can write a simple macro and put a button or combination of keys.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 08:02PM by siria.

Date: December 29, 2017 02:53PM

For latest Chrome:

navigator.appName Netscape
navigator.appCodeName Mozilla
navigator.appVersion 5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.108 Safari/537.36
navigator.appMinorVersion Property is not supported! navigator.appMinorVersion is not a string. It's a undefined
navigator.vendor Google Inc.
navigator.userAgent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.108 Safari/537.36 .
navigator.oscpu Property is not supported! navigator.oscpu is not a string. It's a undefined .
navigator.platform Win32
navigator.securityPolicy Property is not supported! navigator.securityPolicy is not a string. It's a undefined .
navigator.onLine true .
Info browser.name chrome
Info browser.version 63.0.3239.108
Info layout.name webkit
Info layout.version 537.36
Info os.name win
Internet Explorer real version This only works in Microsoft Internet Explorer!
Operating System Microsoft Windows NT

For KM-Goanna 17.1223:

navigator.appName Netscape
navigator.appCodeName Mozilla
navigator.appVersion 5.0 (Windows)
navigator.appMinorVersion Property is not supported! navigator.appMinorVersion is not a string. It's a undefined
navigator.vendor
navigator.userAgent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9; .
navigator.oscpu Windows NT 6.2; WOW64 .
navigator.platform Win32
navigator.securityPolicy Property is not supported! navigator.securityPolicy is not a string. It's a undefined .
navigator.onLine true .
Info browser.name firefox
Info browser.version 52.9
Info layout.name gecko
Info layout.version 52.9
Info os.name win
Internet Explorer real version This only works in Microsoft Internet Explorer!
Operating System Microsoft Windows NT

Just for comparison, nothing else. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 02:56PM by J.G..

Date: December 29, 2017 03:47PM

hermes
@Yogi
This can be done using injectJS. In Opera (12.x) this was done with a simple script.
Or in a HEX editor.

Or... more simpler general.oscpu.override as Win32 (as example

Just curious: for injectJS, which code inside?

Posted by: Yogi
Date: December 29, 2017 05:28PM

hermes

You can write a simple macro and put a button or combination of keys.

Thanks! I didn't know about that hidden pref. I tested and it works.
The button is already there. It's the little lizard in in the Klassic skin. That's wherefrom one can already can switch the UA by right click (dependencies: useragent.kmm + useragent.js). If I understand correctly, it means that general.oscpu.override prefs could be added to useragent.kmm. This would make a more reliable UserAgent switcher which could be shipped with K-Meleon by default.
However when it comes to macros, I'm a lousy choice. smiling smiley
Maybe you, Siria or James?

Edit:
Sorry for the confusion in my above post.
It's the UserAgent button in the PrivBar.
(It's the little lizard only in my mod Klassic skin.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 06:55PM by Yogi.

Date: December 29, 2017 06:41PM

Yogi, edit your post above with the original text (or what you want), then I delete that quote in the collection above - if you like?

Date: December 29, 2017 08:22PM

@hermes, if you like just copy your own post the UA-part of it here too? Then I can delete the quote above, like Yogi's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 08:24PM by siria.

Date: December 29, 2017 10:48PM

siria
@hermes, if you like just copy your own post the UA-part of it here too? Then I can delete the quote above, like Yogi's.

I'm sorry, but I'm totally confused. Posts too often change their location, themes, etc. and do not fully understand what is required of me.

Date: December 29, 2017 11:37PM

hermes
siria

I'm sorry, but I'm totally confused. Posts too often change their location, themes, etc. and do not fully understand what is required of me.

sorry for the confusion. "Required" is nothing smiling smiley Only if you like.

Just trying to explain:
Postings change their location, because they were in a confusing location. Postings change their themes, because the themes and the text inside did not fit together, also confusing.

The Goanna-thread should be for development of Goanna. For information between roytam and Goanna-testers. But the discussion often goes far offtopic, into other directions, about general themes, not special Goanna-related. For example adblockers or useragents. It is much better to have those together in their own thread, also easier for later readers. A few postings in wrong topics are no prob, but it quickly gets too many.

That's why there is now a separate thread for adblockers, and a separate thread for useragents:
UA (here): http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,144313
Adblock: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,144196

Sometimes it is possible to simply "split" the big original (goanna) thread, sometimes not. If not possible, then I try to copy over the offtopic postings as quotes. The prob is, the original authors cannot edit those copies.
As a workaround, you can create a new posting here, and simply post the same text again. Then you are in control again of your own text.

Date: December 30, 2017 12:02AM

How everything is confusing :s. But thanks for the clarification.
It turns out to follow will be more difficult. But can try.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 30, 2017 12:58AM

hermes,

a little advice: just use Recent Messages page as forum root - and it will remove most of confusion!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.