General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
:s Need help adding a "Clear all" button in the 'Privacy Bar'
Posted by: naimenim
Date: September 20, 2015 05:21PM

Hi, I want to add a button which will clear all browsing data (normally "Tools> Privacy > Clear data > Clear all") in the Privacy bar under the address bar of the K-meleon latest browser. Do I need macros to do that or there is any easier way? I'm new in K-Meleon. Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2015 05:25PM by naimenim.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: :s Need help adding a "Clear all" button (KM skins basics howto)
Posted by: siria
Date: September 20, 2015 06:51PM

Welcome to KM smiling smiley
No additional macro is needed for this one, it exists already. All commands that exist in a menu somewhere and/or have a shortcut are ready to be used on buttons as they are. An almost complete list can be found in commands.html.
And also all existing menus can be used on buttons.
Have you already noticed that the Clear button has the Clear-Menu on right-click, with several options including "All"?

Anyway, to add the clear-all button is rather easy, because it's already prepared in the native skin's toolbars.cfg, just hidden yet with comment signs:

=> Click Edit>Configuration>Toolbars (opens toolbars.cfg template)
- search inside for "clear all" and remove the comment # signs from this button block (6 lines)
- restart KM

TIP: but better not mess with the default skin directly, or you won't be able to reset it later!
Just make a copy of its folder first, that's also safer for playing with skins without risk to accidentally destroy the original skin. Skins in KM are simply folders, so take a skin that you like, as example let's take native "Default" (path c:/programs/K-Meleon/skins/Default or similar). Copy that Default folder and name it freely, e.g. "myskin" or whatever. Since the Default one has no own "toolbars.cfg" in it for the button definitions, make a manual copy of the template (in ...K-Meleon/browser/defaults/settings) and place it into your own skin folder too. Now you're ready to go and play with it!
Activate this skin in F2>Gui Appearance and then restart KM.
Now this active skin's toolbars.cfg will open directly via menu Edit>Configuration>Toolbars

In newer windows systems it's likely though that you run into write-protection problems. There are 2 solutions, either move your skin folder into your profile folder (Edit>Configuration>Profile Directory, subfolder skins/yourskinname), or grant yourself writing rights in KM's skin folder.

(Also recommand all KM beginners to take a look into the FAQ although partly outdated)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2015 07:00PM by siria.

Re: :s Need help adding a "Clear all" button (KM skins basics howto)
Posted by: naimenim
Date: September 21, 2015 11:09AM

Got it. Thanks a lot! I love K-Meleon.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.