General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Portable fonts possible?
Posted by: Carl-Robert
Date: February 25, 2018 06:26PM

Hey!

I've been using K-Meleon (the latest Goanna version) on my usb-drive and otherwise happy with it, except I can't seem to figure out how to make it load fonts which are present in the removable drive? I tried the old firefox trick, putting the font-files on a folder "fonts" on K-Meleon root folder, but no luck.

Any secret way of being successful with this? I like browsing with Terminus font fixed with usercontent.css to display at proper sizes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Portable fonts possible?
Posted by: siria
Date: February 26, 2018 09:31PM

No idea about this specific case, only in general:
Since KM7X the "engine-stuff" subfolders are not in K-M/xxx anymore, but in K-M/browser/xxx
If moving your fonts folder there doesn't work yet, try embedding that folder in K-M/browser/omni.ja
That's just a zip-file, can be edited with 7zip (as usual, keep a backup copy of original to be on the safe side)
If that doesn't help either or even messes KM - out of ideas ;-)

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 26, 2018 10:01PM

found Bugzilla page with some code and discussion.

This was first 'Android-only'-feature but then ported to other OSes.

According to this the option needs some compilation flags enabled (as I was able to understand), so maybe ask roytam1 about possibility of such thing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 10:02PM by rodocop.

Posted by: hermes
Date: February 27, 2018 10:41AM

It is possible to make the font load into memory (via WinAPI) and it will be available to the whole system until the next reboot.

Posted by: Carl-Robert
Date: February 27, 2018 07:18PM

Thanks for the help, I'll try those when having time for it.

Probably best to just opt for the loading to memory -one, can then config other software to use them too.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.