General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
[HELP] Download proplem !!!
Posted by: alisondmurray
Date: April 11, 2018 09:15AM

Using KM 76 Pro and it was working for downloading files but now I have no idea where the downloads are going.

I have all the boxes checked under File Handling:

X Offer to save the file

X Ask whether to open or save the file

X Ask where to save the file

The last checked or 'dot' is there but the window no longer pops up for me to pick a folder. It was working but now the files seem to download but I have no idea where they are loading.

I have NetPerSec working and can see the files are downloading somewhere. I've looked in the KM 76 Pro folder and have done a search on the C drive but I am not able to locate them.

I have a special 'Downloads' folder that I place all my downloads into but I can't get to that step anymore.

thank!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [HELP] Download proplem !!!
Posted by: J.G.
Date: April 11, 2018 11:40AM

Really? :mad:
Edit, preferences, file handling > and you can see several options.
By default, KMeleon 76RC2 and KMeleon Goanna 77pre save the files at system's download folder. You can easily conclude this fact by searching the file. smiling smiley

Posted by: anonymous
Date: April 11, 2018 02:15PM
Posted by: callahan
Date: April 11, 2018 05:40PM

This is what I experienced earlier (4 months ago) ... never could find the downloaded files and I didn't bother to post anymore about it. They were somewhere on my computer but I couldn't find them.

As newer versions of KM 77 were released the problem was corrected for me ... not by anything I did but the newer roytam1 weekly versions fixed something in my setup.

I did all my downloading with K-Meleon 1.8 till KM 77 started working correctly for me.

Posted by: J.G.
Date: April 11, 2018 10:05PM

callahan
This is what I experienced earlier (4 months ago) ... never could find the downloaded files and I didn't bother to post anymore about it. They were somewhere on my computer but I couldn't find them.

As newer versions of KM 77 were released the problem was corrected for me ... not by anything I did but the newer roytam1 weekly versions fixed something in my setup.

I did all my downloading with K-Meleon 1.8 till KM 77 started working correctly for me.

There are too much ways to find the searched files in Windows, and probably more in Linux by the way. As I said in my last post, KMeleon 76RC2 and KMeleon Goanna always have downloaded the files at my system's path with no problem at all since the very first use of both for my side. Anyway, you can find easily any file with 'Everything' or any other software of file location, and also with the default Windows's search procedures after download any testing file. ¬_¬

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2018 10:12PM by J.G..

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.