General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Installation Directory
Posted by: BossHogg
Date: March 05, 2016 05:17AM

I searched the forums already for this answer but couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if it's been answered.

Anyway, I first tried to install k-meleon.exe version 75.1 and I did not have the user permissions set correctly on the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder so the first install created 3 directories for K-Meleon:

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Meleon which only contained the profile.ini file and nothing else.

2. The 2nd directory was named something like C:\Program Files (x86)\k-meleon-browser (NOTE: I do not remember the exact name of this folder as I deleted all these and started over, but it was something like that). Anyway, this directory had all the files for K-Meleon in it, the ones to necessary to run the program.

3. The the 3rd directory the install created was the exact same as the one in number 2. above, the name was the same and it also contained all the program files for K-Meleon, however, this folder was located on my desktop and it was not a shortcut/link, it was an exact copy of the fore mentioned directory, same size, all the same files, etc.

So next, I read the install directions, fixed the permissions for C:\Program Files (x86) and then reinstalled and everything was good:

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Meleon was there and all the files including profile.ini was there.

2. The problem and my question; why was the directory that I mentioned in number 3 above still put on the desktop after the 2nd installation?

I deleted all the directories of the K-Meleon after uninstalling it from the Control Panel before reinstalling and fixing the permissions.

It was the same as C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Meleon, it included all the same files, etc. Why does this keep getting put there after installing K-Meleon?

I did not restart Windows 8.1 after uninstalling the 1st installation or fixing the permissions, could this be the problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installation Directory
Posted by: 4td8s
Date: April 08, 2016 05:05PM

not only forgetting to reboot your win8.1 OS but also running the Kmeleon setup EXE program with Admin privileges the next time

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.