General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
fetch error and dashboard never loads; SOLVED BOTH
Posted by: KM2005
Date: August 12, 2018 10:33PM

1. Any ideas why KM75.1, KM76 portable and KM77 won't log into http://mywot.com, top right? A "fetch is not defined" error is given upon submitting credentials. If you wish to test without credentials the same error occurs by entering any username and password. Login works with FF and New Moon browsers.

2. I'm wondering if this error is related to: Once logged into my bank account the bank dashboard never finishes loading, unless using FF or New Moon.

I've tried:
Other useragents of current FF, KM, etc.
Tools>User Agent Mode>Firefox Compatible enabled and disabled.
CSS Ad-blocking disabled.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2018 04:29PM by KM2005.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mywot login error and bank dashboard never loads
Posted by: Mello
Date: August 15, 2018 03:01PM

I'm using latest Goanna and nothing at all happens when I click on login there,

I've had this on a few sites, can't remember which. For one reason or another I'm often having to send a web page to another browser for it to be fully functional.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 15, 2018 04:28PM

KM2005
1. Any ideas why KM75.1, KM76 portable and KM77 won't log into http://mywot.com, top right? A "fetch is not defined" error is given upon submitting credentials. If you wish to test without credentials the same error occurs by entering any username and password. Login works with FF and New Moon browsers.

Good thing you can't. Perhaps it's actively prevented by some addon, because WOT has become spyware, and one of the worst. The original founders have long since left and now it's owned by some data-selling business:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOT_Services

Looks like a popular and successful business model for data-sellers, just try to get your hands on some popular addons or apps with large user bases, buy them, and then - happy spying! Userstyles and userscript addons and sites were destroyed the same way. Everything good which was created the last decades by good people, goes down the tubes now, while a few single monopolist are almighty and can do what they want, rob thousands of billions dollars in just a few years sad smiley

Posted by: Mello
Date: August 15, 2018 10:59PM

Thanks.

Stylish went this way didn't it.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/07/05/browsers_pull_stylish_but_invasive_browser_extension/

I see there are still a couple of exts for it here.

Date: August 24, 2018 12:11AM

Sigh, such probs can have so many reasons...
For example some usual-suspect prefs can be checked in Help>Troubleshooting info (note this can NOT check errors, it only gives people some ideas where to start looking) Many sites and cross-domain-scripts like reCaptcha require for example that all cookies are allowed, not just their own, and need referers allowed etc.

And adblockers can cause unexpected probs, script blockers, routers, or blocking 3rd-party tracking domains in hosts file etc.

One of the biggest probs is Google's near almighty monopoly today, they can meanwhile play all sorts of evil tricks on unsuspecting users. Not only the search engine anymore, but far more, incl. youtube and omnipresent gmail of course, and omnipresent recaptchas, on mobile phones Android, they can just do whatever they want, and kick out whomever they want. For example have read that youtube is now sending crappy video quality to users with XP in their useragent string (NT5.x). Obviously because all users shall be forced to the latest OS, with a maximum of spying tools. Simply faking the UA was reported to 'fix' it.
And in general Google tries to push their Chrome browser to as many people as possible, also including evil tricks. Making it look as if other browsers had mysterious bugs, when in reality it's just Google tweaking their sever scripts to fully work only when a CHROME useragent string is used. A most recent one of course. Meanwhile Gecko browsers would need not only a Firefox compat mode, but also a Chrome mode!
For even deeper faking of the useragent string, there's even a dedicated OperatingSystem pref:
"general.oscpu.override" = "Windows NT 6.1" (empty=default, would use Win7 or younger)

And reCaptcha is the worst. Especially everywhere, not just on Google's own sites! Last year there were some things revealed in the Palemoon forum which were just incredible. Dimly remember that with a Chrome useragent string people were given far fewer annoying images to click, compared to other browser strings. And 1-2 people even said it helps to wildly move the mouse around, like crazy, because google wants to collect mouse movement patterns for AI training or such. And short, direct mouse movements are also taken as indicator for non-humans...
Edit: Link to Captchas Hell: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19044
And several users have lately confirmed that changing their IP-numbers helped (restart router, browser, clear cache etc.) But again, Google only gave them this prob in combination with useragent sniffing.

And it can also be helpful to watch the background traffic, to figure out what might be blocked or broken. For example using addons LiveHTTPheaders or HTTPFOX:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/httpfox/
Installation in KM may require to toggle some prefs, but that's another complicated topic. For starters: right-click and download xpi-files to disk, then use File>Open or drag them into an open "about:addons" window.
After installation and restart open in the browser this URL: chrome://httpfox/content/HttpFoxWindow.xul
Usable as bookmark, or install the little menu macro from http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,131134

Attention ADDONS:
On October-5 Mozilla will DELETE all traditional Firefox addons, which work in other gecko forks too, in K-Meleon, Palemoon, Seamonkey etc., and in all Firefox versions older as 1 year. Except dictionary addons or similar.
If someone wants FF-addons for K-Meleon in the future, they must be downloaded NOW sad smiley
All real Firefox addons will vanish. Mozilla now allows only Chrome-type addons, because those are far less powerful, have read they are not even allowed to create buttons to block javascript or other important prefs anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2018 08:07AM by siria.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 24, 2018 10:11AM

Speaking of addons
- I'm not aware of a Firefox legacy addon working with K-Meleon right out of the box. I don't mind being corrected.
- Mozilla will scrap legacy addons from AMO but this doesn't mean that they will also vanish from the internet. No need to panic. smiling smiley
Over the years Mozilla already scrapped from AMO some extensions with no reason and it was barely noticed.

Date: August 24, 2018 10:31AM

Yogi
Speaking of addons
- I'm not aware of a Firefox legacy addon working with K-Meleon right out of the box. I don't mind being corrected.
- Mozilla will scrap legacy addons from AMO but this doesn't mean that they will also vanish from the internet. No need to panic. smiling smiley

For example httpfox (above) works fine. Tested with KM74goanna.
The only special thing is, one has to know which url to open, but the addon itself works fully.
But the prob here with deleted FF-addons is not at all if they are fully working "out-of-box" or not. Or if they can be made fully working or only 'mostly'. Such things can be handled later.
The absolute killer is that they don't work "at all" if they are simply all deleted and can't be found anymore.

Speaking of deleted addons, sorry but am a burned kid:
After finally discovering (thanks for your tip), but sadly many years too late, that ancient Opera12.12 still works great on a lot more https-sites as other old browsers, there were no addons to be found anywhere anymore sad smiley Not even something as basic as a simply UA-switcher by an addon-menu. Zero. Perhaps in some hiddens places a few, but have wasted several days searching and no luck.
Just because Opera has deleted ALL addons of their own traditional type too, same story as Mozilla is doing now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2018 10:45AM by siria.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 24, 2018 01:11PM

You don't need an UA switcher for OperaPresto.
1. type in the address bar:
opera:config#UserPrefs|CustomUser-Agent
2. internal pref will pop-up: enter your desired UA
3. scroll down and save the pref
That's it. No restart needed.
------

- You can't really compare the market share of OperaPresto with that of Firefox and its forks. smiling smiley
You will hardly find people using OperaPresto nowaday whereas Firefox ESR and its forks are still used by millions of users.
- Those forks have an interest that legacy addons don't simply vanish. Legacy addons are now one of the main reason for people using those forks.
- Last but not least - most legacy extensions have a homepage or are easy to find on GitHub.
During the past years since I was using Firefox ESR alongside K-Meleon, I did never download an extension from AMO.
I always used the devs page/GitHub for downloads and updates.

Posted by: hermes
Date: August 24, 2018 02:46PM

@siria

In era of Opera (Presto), I deliberately did not use extensions, adding desired functionality and modifications (with patch) of original. All necessary features have been added (including full control over user-agent).

At the time, I doing binary modification OPERA.DLL and modified loader. As a result, browser has gained a lot of command line switches which do not exist in original.
Perhaps will be interested, I recorded a small video (06:19 640x480).

(direct link) http://getfile.dokpub.com/yandex/get/https://yadi.sk/d/Wd5BlDFz3aXnRk (~378 Kcool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2018 11:55AM by hermes.

Date: August 25, 2018 03:59AM

@siria, Help>Troubleshooting does a profile priviledge check. "..checked successfully".

Changed "Keep cookies" to max 2 days, for testing. Changed from "until end of session".

I'm not running any blocking when going into certain sites, that I'm currently aware of.

Tried LiveHTTPheaders maybe a week ago; but, find it gives maybe 840 lines of data that took lots of time trying to decipher and getting nowhere. I don't know much of what I'd be looking for in the data.

"general.oscpu.override" I'm not fully understanding how to implement. I've tried multiple useragents strings of multiple OSs, ie through Win 10, and FF browsers 42-59. And, tried used useragents from FF and Palemoon that work in those browsers. Also, went through Useragents KM76 with no immediate solution noted so far.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2018 05:52PM by KM2005.

Posted by: anonymous
Date: August 25, 2018 10:58AM

@KM2005
Visited www.mywot.com first time today. Signed up and logged in with three different K-Meleon versions. No problems! If it fails with new profile, you can name your OS and the download location of the browser you tested.

Date: August 25, 2018 12:25PM

KM2005
@siria, Help>Troubleshooting does a profile priviledge check. "..checked successfully".
Changed "Keep cookies" to max 2 days, for testing. Changed from "until end of session".

Do you not see a second menu entry, for "Help > Troubleshooting INFO" ?
It's just a macro contained in KM-Goanna (76/77)
If you have it, open that menu, a popup will appear, please click "NO" or Cancel (otherwise you'll have to close a bunch of new tabs and windows manually again)
You'll see a text page with pref listings.
If you copy the upper part (above the thin line) here into a posting, it could give us some more details.

Date: August 25, 2018 02:51PM

@anonymous, XP SP2--I'm not very inclined to be continuously installing Windows updates and buying more hard drive space.

As I recall, downloads were from http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon-dev/K-Meleon76RC.exe/download KM77 / "76 RC" executable dated 07/01/2016, main location of "76 RC" Development Release

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon/75.1/K-Meleon75.1.exe/download main stable release location of 75.1

74.1 portable executable dated three days before this one http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon/74.0/K-Meleon74.0.7z/download

@siria,
"Help > Troubleshooting INFO". No second entry; no Troubleshooting INFO in KM77 / "KM76 RC".

Date: August 25, 2018 05:17PM

@anonymous, Logged in from the mywot.com root homepage? I found out I can login from one of two mywot non-homepages. I thought I had logged in from the homepage using Palemoon; but, it's giving the same error. In PM, I may have changed a useragent setting and now I'm not sure if I'd logged in successfully from the homepage twelve days ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2018 05:23PM by KM2005.

Posted by: anonymous
Date: August 25, 2018 05:43PM

@KM2005
Always blocked tracking sites when testing and will not try to find the one that uses the Fetch API. Finished testing in XP SP3.

Troubleshoot macro is in msg-142878 in forum extensions.

Date: August 25, 2018 06:11PM

Yep thanks, and this macro can be added to all KM-versions.
Would much like to update it with some more prefs, but needs more time.

A new must-have check is the pref which roytam added just yesterday to his KM77/PM27 builds, because google's unbearable reCAPTCHA changed its scripts again! Wonder if that may also help for some other login probs, who knows? Could well be, have read it's used for identifying users, and enabled by default in other browsers except older Firefox and KM. Although the errormessage is different, but a little test can't harm:

Just for testing: oben page "about:config", right-click and create a "Bool" pref:
"dom.messageChannel.enabled" = true

Date: August 25, 2018 07:15PM

Here's the Troubleshooting Info output.

Date: August 25, 2018 10:53PM

Thank you for posting those details!
What's rather confusing now is that you wrote in the beginning "I'm using latest Goanna", but now are listing 3 old Geckos?
And the screenshot is either one of the very first Goanna-versions or KM76RC. What's strange is that the macro can't seem to read the file "platform.ini", anyone know why? That file is in all 7X builds in the K-Meleon program folder.

The screenshot is very tiny and fuzzy, but as far as I can decypher it, contains no unusual settings. Quite the contrary, looks almost like fresh out-of-box, everything is allowed, all cookies from everywhere, referers too, nothing blocked except adblock.css. And you mentioned above you already tried with that disabled too. And you've tried with different useragents too, and global overrides are working (no UA "count" pref was found) It's possible that one of the site-specific overrides may need an update, but they are ignored in older KM-builds anyway, only KM-Goanna uses them so far. For testing that site-pref can be disabled in Goanna.

Old SSL3 and TLS 1.0 are blocked, only TLS 1.1 and 1.2 allowed.
Very much normal today. Wouldn't be surprised if perhaps the tracking and data-seeling mywot company understands only SSL3/TLS1.0, but banking sites surely understand TLS1.2. Unless they want TLS1.3 already, then old KM76RC is out of luck.

So, no clue, but am no expert for login stuff...
XP-SP2 is quite old of course, but can't be the culprit if login works with other browsers.
Perhaps a blocked domain in the HOSTS file, or any external filter/blocker?
Clearing cookies and cache, but not much hope... or restarting the router to get another IP... or some timeout prob...

Would still try adding that pref "dom.messageChannel.enabled" from previous posting, perhaps a 50/50 chance.

But the engines in KM74-76 are rather old already.
Perhaps just try the much younger Goanna too? https://o.rthost.win/kmeleon/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2018 11:04PM by siria.

Date: August 26, 2018 05:11AM

@siria, "I'm using latest Goanna" was a comment by Mello; not myself.

I do see "platform.ini" in the KM75.1 folder; but, not ~KM76RC folder.

From my understanding, "KM76 RC" is actually KM77. Regardless, my executable is dated 07/01/2016. That's the date of "76 RC" on the KM download page.

I had enabled SSL3 and TLS1.0 as tests and forgot to mention it.

About:config>"dom.messageChannel.enabled" seems from a web search to mostly be related to reCAPTCHA only. Test if the reCAPTCHA click works or not: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo , mentioned by user woodpusher on another site.

Rechecked some more areas related to your suggestions and no correction yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2018 05:12AM by KM2005.

Date: August 26, 2018 06:23AM

3. Site three doesn't work: Google search if you get a CAPTCHA. Click box now works with the fix. But, in getting through a very laborous clicking-Google-pic game, and arriving at the end--and with a Google-green checkmark of "winning the game"--still doesn't allow proceeding to the next page. "Playing the game" back to back like five times and "winning" still doesn't go to the next page.

Semi-Google Search reCaptcha solution: Skip the CAPTCHA :O . After going through about three different useragents, the search worked without doing a CAPTCHA first displayed.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2018 06:33AM by KM2005.

Date: August 26, 2018 11:17AM

KM2005
From my understanding, "KM76 RC" is actually KM77. Regardless, my executable is dated 07/01/2016. That's the date of "76 RC" on the KM download page.

Sigh, now I feel like you're pulling my leg, but can only repeat myself:

But the engines in KM74-76 are rather old already.
Perhaps just try the much younger Goanna too? https://o.rthost.win/kmeleon/

Those goanna-builds are in reality KM77, the current dev version.
(Own subforum here: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/list.php?19).
Countless builds already, dated 2018, with new updated versions weekly, by roytam since last December. Very confusing to users that he labels them in the forum as KM76 too, and inside the app itself too, and even uses the same branch number in version.ini, but that's why "goanna" is contained in the full name. They have the most advanced engine inside KM, much younger as in original KM76, just the GUI is not fully updated yet. But that will never happen, it's 'normal' for KM. As you probably noticed as a long-time user too.

KM76RC is KM76RC. You're seeing yourself that the original KM76RC (gecko, by Dorian) is over 2 years old, from 2016, so it just cannot be the current version.

And you're finding what I've passed on before, that reCaptcha scripts also depend from the UA (one of several points), but see no reason to post the working string for others? Not funny either :-/

Sorry for the user confusion to Mello and you.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2018 11:46AM by siria.

Date: August 26, 2018 03:48PM

@siria, Related to recaptcha and post the working string: Problem I have related to a working UA with Google search is it's not only a working recaptcha that I've been battling since late last week with Google search. I've for perhaps 10 years used particular Google URLs to get 100 search results per page without using cookies instead of the Google default 10 results. Yesterday, 100 results per page for the first time, late yesterday, I found to also be "User Agent Mode">"Firefox Compatible disabled" dependent. This past week has been a fix one thing to use my preferred unique Google search and find something else on Google search is broken that worked prior to this week; fix that and find a third thing that doesn't work prior to changes by Google. Last problem was getting past a second problem with Google search reCAPTCHA. That and trying to get or keep other sites compatible with one or two UAs I've found to be one of the most difficult tasks in using KM the last like 15 years and it hasn't gotten easier when sites that did work change coding.

I don't know a more permanent fix for my unique Google search since I've tried to fix three aspects of it since late last week--last time I used my unique Google search it was still incompatible with at least one aspect of Google search. And since last week, my preferred Google search is dependent on which random minute the "Google recaptcha game" starts, waiting for the Google "recaptcha game" to start to then troubleshoot it.

I haven't tried a KM version from https://o.rthost.win/kmeleon yet.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2018 04:05PM by KM2005.

Date: August 26, 2018 04:48PM

A fourth Google search-browser interaction dependency that I'm reminded of today. Certain unique Google search-browser dependencies that work one way are incompatible with mouse-over-graphic Google results. Depending on which UA is used results in one of two types of graphics, big-mouse-over graphic or small-non-mouse-over graphic and these same UA affect other aspects of Google search compatiblity: www.google.com/search?q=NASDAQ:MSFT

This may be "User Agent Mode">"Firefox Compatible disabled" related that I have yet to troubleshoot further, too many moving parts of Google search changes recently for me to know whether one UA works with all or which parts of Google search.

I've installed various UA in the last twelve hours that make the result mouse-over graphic compatible; but, further testing would be needed to determine which does or doesn't work with Google search recaptcha, if any work with recaptcha and for how long (the recent problem I've had with recaptcha).

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2018 05:39PM by KM2005.

Date: August 26, 2018 05:03PM

KM2005
trying to get or keep other sites compatible with one or two UAs I've found to be one of the most difficult tasks in using KM the last like 15 years and it hasn't gotten easier when sites that did work change coding.

Speaking of useragents, one of the advantages in roytams KM-Goanna (77, here: https://o.rthost.win/kmeleon) is that you can store site-specific strings, which work automatic. That version even comes with a bunch of preconfigured sites, although I don't like that they are deep embedded inside omni.ja
(That said, you can initialize the same function in KM74-76 too, the native Mozilla module, which works great and was already contained in old KM just buggy. But that fix requires a bit hacking)

KM2005
And since last week, my preferred Google search is dependent on which random minute the "Google recaptcha game" starts, waiting for the Google "recaptcha game" to start to then troubleshoot it.

The funny thing is, they never show me that. Probably because they see my UA is far too old anyway, and then simply STOP completely, complaining that my IP looks to be used by spammers or something. That usually requires a network restart to get another IP (perhaps also a browser restart, at the moment not quite sure), then it works again. Usually happens about once in a month or so, but last week already 2x

My search string, for 30 results, very basic but working fine:
https://www.google.com/search?num=30&strip=1&q=
(UA: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) )

If someone has trouble with SSL, there's also still a variant with http possible:
http://www.google.com/search?num=30&gbv=1&strip=1&q=

PS: meanwhile tried the reCaptcha testpage on github, on Win98se with Opera12.02:
It still works! Incredible. Of course it was a struggle too, with restarts and setting changes, but in the end successful smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2018 05:06PM by siria.

Date: August 26, 2018 05:26PM

siria
...preconfigured sites, although I don't like that they are deep embedded inside omni.ja

Found yesterday, Pale Moon browser override useragents are in about:config.

The funny thing is, they never show me that. Probably because they see my UA is far too old anyway, and then simply STOP completely, complaining that my IP looks to be used by spammers or something. That usually requires a network restart to get another IP (perhaps also a browser restart, at the moment not quite sure), then it works again. Usually happens about once in a month or so, but last week already 2x
Exactly, that's one aspect of what I'm getting at especially since late last week, about Saturday is when things went from captchas to more problem captchas. Related to what you say, and I'm still slowly troubleshooting when the problem arises, is the STOP Google search seems related to which UA first does a Google search, then doesn't work due to recaptcha, and whether the recaptcha can even be completed.

Whether the "Google recaptcha game" starts seems to be UA dependent too, seems as of yesterday, even if the UA initially allows a successful Google search to start.

My search string, for 30 results, very basic but working fine:
https://www.google.com/search?num=30&strip=1&q=
(UA: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) )
Your google URL is very similar to mine, just 30 instead of my 100 (I'd do 1000 if coding allowed it). And, my URL specifies English only and Safe results only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2018 05:31PM by KM2005.

Re: fetch error and dashboard never loads
Date: October 27, 2018 05:08PM

KM77 loads bank dashboard; KM74 - KM74G-Goanna doesn't. KM77 doesn't complete login at mywot.com homepage.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2018 04:30PM by KM2005.

Re: fetch error and dashboard never loads
Date: November 16, 2018 03:34PM

KM77, KM76RC, and New Moon 27 login at mywot.com homepage by changing: about:config > dom.fetch.enabled > true > Then, refresh login page. Mentioned by roytam1:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,143253,148250#msg-148250

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2018 04:11PM by KM2005.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.