General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
RC ou Beta ?
Posted by: jjf
Date: October 12, 2016 11:35AM

Hello,
What a difference between K-Meleon 76 RC and 76 Beta?
Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RC ou Beta ?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 12, 2016 11:47AM

The RC version has had more bugs fixed than has the beta.

I do almost all of my browsing using the K-Meleon 76RC2. That is the RC with one update. I am not sure that the 2 in the name is official. That is just what I call it.

Re: RC ou Beta ?
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 13, 2016 10:40PM

JamesD
The RC version has had more bugs fixed than has the beta.

The beta is the version where new features have been implemented and fixes for known bugs are published. When it has been tested and no new or remaining bugs are found it becomes a RC (release candidate).

Usually several betas come till all is implemented & fixed without obvious problems remaining.

The RC is a version where all new features work and old all bugs seem to be fixed.

First the dev thinks that all works. And he asks all users to test and the people that do local versions like French or German to translate and adapt. Later when all work is done - it becomes the new release.

But often new issues are found and another RC comes.

Because people find new bugs (all things are very often tested with different sttings...) other things are found when local versions are created, some localising needs help, so...

In a way calling a version the RC is a command by the dev. He says: I think I am finished with the code now - so do Your things.

At this point all start to test or do their jobs like localising.

Greetings from Germany to France and the US and all ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 10:48PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.