General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Google page display for various time searches
Posted by: Mello
Date: September 14, 2018 10:09PM

When I have javascript disabled the various times options display
on left of page without having to access them through Tools/Any Time dropdown menu.

I like this, is it possibe to have them display this way when javascript is enabled.

I toggle js on and off for different sites and often forget to toggle off when searching google from address bar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Google page display for various time searches
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 14, 2018 10:29PM

Mello
When I have javascript disabled the various times options display
on left of page without having to access them through Tools/Any Time dropdown menu.

I like this, is it possibe to have them display this way when javascript is enabled.

I toggle js on and off for different sites and often forget to toggle off when searching google from address bar.

Disable Firefox Compatibility mode. Aka don't use Firefox as User Agent.

Date: September 15, 2018 01:03AM

Thanks

Tried that and restarted - still the same.

I'm using Goanna 76 would that effect things?

Posted by: siria
Date: September 15, 2018 01:15AM

There was a discussion about google search parameters just recently here, but it's vanished, can't find it again (??)
Anyway, did you try adding "&gbv=1" in the URL? (=google basic version)

PS: compatmode toggle needs no restart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 01:16AM by siria.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 15, 2018 02:51AM

siria
There was a discussion about google search parameters just recently here, but it's vanished, can't find it again (??)
Anyway, did you try adding "&gbv=1" in the URL? (=google basic version)

PS: compatmode toggle needs no restart.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=site%3Akmeleonbrowser.org+gbv+google&ei=UTF-8&nojs=1
(how curious Google just display one result from this page and Yahoo/Bing already crawled this exact thread and also display more results)

I don't have a clue about Goanna version or if it has some user agent hardcoded or whatever. Check you Help > about (if the Goanna version has it) and see what user-agent you have. Search the forum for instructions on how to change it.

Posted by: KM2005
Date: September 15, 2018 04:24PM
Date: September 16, 2018 12:08PM

JohnHell
siria

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=site%3Akmeleonbrowser.org+gbv+google&ei=UTF-8&nojs=1
(how curious Google just display one result from this page and Yahoo/Bing already crawled this exact thread and also display more results)

LOL! 💡 Must admit I hadn't even thought of trying another search engine - oops grinning smiley
Yep, surprising that Bing gives better results as Google. My one big prob with their search are the missing crawl-dates, so had lost interest. Can't see if their hits are a week old or ten years sad smiley But will now try to remember there exist alternatives for future google probs.

Yep, that's what I meant.

JohnHell
I don't have a clue about Goanna version or if it has some user agent hardcoded or whatever. Check you Help > about (if the Goanna version has it) and see what user-agent you have. Search the forum for instructions on how to change it.

In KMG77 UAs still work exactly the same, incl. site-specific UAs (finally fixed out-of-box), only the compatMode is a different pref, a triple-INT (for goanna/gecko/gecko+firefox)
A completely different story is KMG74, because that's forked not from Dorian's build, but from Narumans fork, and that has the exact same hardcoded MultiSwitcher baked into it as KM-Pro, with the exact same probs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 11:27PM by siria.

Date: September 16, 2018 11:04PM

"&gbv=1"
This works momentarily, then google switches it to "&gbv=2" and times column on left disappears

Goanna user agent is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.4 Firefox/52.9 K-Meleon/76.0

I did search but didn't see how to change it in goanna

Date: September 16, 2018 11:43PM

Mello
"&gbv=1"
This works momentarily, then google switches it to "&gbv=2" and times column on left disappears

Goanna user agent is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.4 Firefox/52.9 K-Meleon/76.0

I did search but didn't see how to change it in goanna

Useragents macro for KM-Goanna:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?9,143898
(still working on next version with more features, incl. much easier list editing)

No idea if anything helps while JS is on, but perhaps test with UA for IE7 or 8? Rather down-spoofing as up-spoofing in this case :cool:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 11:44PM by siria.

Date: September 17, 2018 09:46PM

That's a nice macro.

Google is still the same tho' with js enabled and various user agents.

When I visit whatsmyua.info site it shows the different user agents
I have selected but when I type the query "what is my useragent" into google... Google page itself shows the following ua after every change - even if cookies are cleared or disabled or browser restarted

"Your user agent
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0"

**EDIT**
Fixed it, column on left is back with js enabled.
There was a useragent override I set and forgot about in about:config. I set it for .co.uk
I think by default there is also different override set in Goanna for google.com

It helps to have a good memory when experimenting with K-M grinning smiley

Now to work out best ua to use generally.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2018 10:01PM by Mello.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.