General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Using both K-Meleon & Mypal...a bit of a comparison.
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: September 24, 2018 02:27AM

I truly love K-Meleon and use Rodocop's version called 75 Pro within XP SP2 (as a VM).
It is wonderfully quick & light, only crashes on goofy sites with excessive demands & for the most part it is a pleasure as my go-to browser.

But...there's a lot of stuff it will not do lately & many sites just show as blank pages - some have webgl errors, and most YT & other videos say that they cannot play because they are HTML5 -only-.

So I've also been using Mypal (a Palemoon variant that runs well in XP SP2) and it is also very good...mostly.

Sure, nothing in this world is just right - so needing to use 2 browsers is no big deal, especially when one does NOT desire to use anything chrome-ish nor any of the newer, really horrid versions of win-doze to get newer stuff.

Tonight I updated Mypal via making a separate copy of the one I've been using & allowing its installer to update it - which went well except for this one error:

** ERROR Registering: X:\4test\mypal\AccessibleMarshal.dll **
Which isn't really very helpful as I've no idea what that file is actually needed for & searching on it's name wasn't any help either.

Upon opening to test the newer version I notice it has delays between loading the pages and responding to what comes next - like scrolling down for instance.

This latest Mypal version does play the HTML5 video content just fine & I've yet to try any site that refuses to load or that crashes it.

Now I'm wondering if there is a newer version of Rodocop's Pro variant of
K-Meleon and if that works better with the HTML5 stuff under XP ??
(Since I don't use SP3 the Goanna build is not an option for me AFAIK...)

Any other XP SP2 users here finding good solutions for any of the stuff I've mentioned ??

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using both K-Meleon & Mypal...a bit of a comparison.
Date: September 26, 2018 08:29PM

OK - I'll add a very much shorter question:
What is the latest (non-Goanna) version of K-Meleon that will work within XP SP2 ??
(Either from here directly, or a variant ??)
Thanks.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 26, 2018 08:42PM

Sorry no idea about such stuff. Pity you can't use KM-Goanna. Just wondering: What about old but last Pro-version of KM76? Does it need SP3 too?

Date: September 27, 2018 09:33PM

Thanks for replying Siria.
I haven't done anything with 76 as I like Rodocop's 75 version so much & would have to do over all my tweaks - so call me lazy ?!?
(Actually doing that would take a bunch of hours & I've had too many other urgent matters demanding my attentions lately.)

A sort of side-funny about Mypal:
The version I got into it with quit displaying videos most of the tme, so I grabbed the latest one, and it does better - but causes odd hiccups in other ways - so now I'm switching between THREE browsers to do all my various stuff.

I wonder what is next for K-Meleon itself & what may be next from Rodocop, if anything...?

Posted by: Mello
Date: October 30, 2018 07:43PM

I tried out latest Mypal on windows 7 with 1.66ghz netbook with 2gbram just now and was quite impressed save for the video problem you mention - picture stops and starts. Any ideas as to why?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.